Income tax

We are planning to move to Turkey later this year, but are a bit confused regarding income tax. I will get an nhs pension that will be taxed at source with my personal allowance . My husband will be doing draw downs yearly on his private pension, does anyone know if he will have his personal allowance in uk still. Also what happens with double taxation and best way to sort it out, and how many days a year do we have to come back to uk for state pension eligibility etc. he is 56 and I am 50

Hi Kaz,

I guess it would be best if you get this information directly from a Turkish government run website. I would suggest that you go to http://www.gib.gov.tr/index.php?id=469.

Or alternatively, google search for TURKISH DIRECT TAXATION SYSTEM.

Make sure you check the .gov.tr websites for reliability. They have English section too.

It's always good to consult a tax adviser too.

I hope this helps. : )
Good luck. 

Kaz2865 wrote:

We are planning to move to Turkey later this year, but are a bit confused regarding income tax. I will get an nhs pension that will be taxed at source with my personal allowance . My husband will be doing draw downs yearly on his private pension, does anyone know if he will have his personal allowance in uk still. Also what happens with double taxation and best way to sort it out, and how many days a year do we have to come back to uk for state pension eligibility etc. he is 56 and I am 50