Relocating to Brazil - what is the cost of living in Rio de Janeiro?

Hi I am relocating to Brazil , to rio de janerio with my Spouse, Can any one tell me what is the cost of living there .
including 2 BR house ,Transportation & other expenses.

The cost of living in Rio is very high and climbing all the time.

While my posting High cost of living in SP and how to economize was written with São Paulo in mind, it applies equally to Rio and any other major Brazilian city. I'm sure you will find it very helpful.

For a relatively good idea of the cost of living in Rio you should take a look at the following site:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … De+Janeiro

Note: Just under the light blue box near the top of the page you can select the CURRENCY that you wish to show the figures in so you can make a rapid comparison to a currency you may be more familiar with.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi
That's quite a hard question to answer, as it depends on where you are planning to live in rio. I just moved here in March, and living in ipanema. Ipanema is much more expensive than other areas, and the cost of an apartment is variable as well, all depending on what type of apartment and location your looking for.
happy to help with more specific info! Good luck!

Hi Thanks for the info, Actually i am Looking for a 2BR house near Botafogo region, how much it could Cost me.
& what is the average monthly expense for 2 people if  i cook at home.

A two bedroom house in Botafogo is going to be pretty pricey for sure.you're probably looking somewhere in the range of R$3000 to 5000 per month plus utilities and property tax.

Cost of shopping for two people is going to be somewhere in the area of around R$400 - 500 a month.