Sponsorship for kids in my case

Hi....
           First of all thanks to everyone helping others like me. My wife is working in a hospital and she got her resident card two months back, but her employer did not allow her to sponsor kids. So, we brought our kids, by asking her employer to issue visit visa for them. Third, before her arrival, I was already in Oman working for my agency but on visit visa, but now I'll be issued resident card soon and I will be allowed to sponsor my family. So, kids are already here and my question is can I convert my kids visit visa to resident one by sponsoring them. Do my kids will have to leave the country? or visa can be converted if they are here.

Thanks
Nadeem

Hi drasi,

Usually no visa can be converted to any other visa type.

But this rule is not carved in stone - pretty much like all other rules, systems and procedures used for hiring expatriate employees. Things keep changing on an almost-every-other-day-basis here. And exceptions are always there.

In your case too, since it is a case of unaccompanied children, the authorities might waive the requirement of them exiting the country and reentering again on their family joining / dependent visas.

It is better for you to speak to your company PRO and ask him to make a special request with the concerned authorities to facilitate your children's visa transfer. I am sure they will oblige.