Move to Kuwait

Hi everyone,
got an offer to work in Kuwait as Construction Manager so which one is the best area to live in Kuwait City and is better to stay in apartment or in villa? We are Italian.......myself, wife and 12 years daughter and dog.
Ciao and thanks

Angelo

Hi Angelo,

There are quite a few Italians here in Kuwait.

With a family staying at Fintas Beach or further north is best because you Wife and child will have more activities/ better infrastructure closer to their home, and you will be working long hours ( like me!). However, the further north you go in Kuwait the more expensive it is.

It might be best to stay around Fintas Beach, a central location, for the first couple months or so, until you figure out where you would like to stay for an extended period of time.

Let me know if I can help,
Matt

Thanks Matt. Almost I completed my Project in Qatar and should be move to Kuwait or Azerbajan. No alcohol?!?!?! I'm looking online and looks like there are good international school, good malls etc. Surely cannot be open country like Qatar but a couple of years we can survive.
Thanks

Hello Angelo,

Kuwait is similar to Qatar but as you mentioned it is not that open country like Qatar specially alcohol is forbidden but in bright side it is good for making money and as Mr.Matt said Fintas is good area also Egila and Mishref these areas are good and yes there are good international schools here and malls.

Sukran

Hi Angelo,
If you are around Doha, I presume, Kuwait is a step down when it comes to the quality of life and infrastructure, as KuwaitQ8 indicated. But of all the places in the ME this is the place to save money. There are clubs and activities you and your family can join, but you have to be pro-active and really seek them out.
In the malls you can find anything you want.

Good luck and let us know when you will arrive!

Thanks Matt; I'll keep you update of our arrival.
Ciao

Hi,
Congrats on your new job in Kuwait. 

We are a large Real estate co. and we have a luxurious 2 bedroom apartment along the sea in Shaab which has all the facilities in the area. 

Kindly send me an email on [email protected]  and i will send you all the details.

Best Regards,

Well, you have to see what really fits you. But in general, westerners are living in Salmiya / Salwa (Education-wise). Mangaf is also a bit popular to westerners. There are lots of new building under construction in the new area.