Job offer from MOH DGIT

Hi,
I recently got a job offer with MOH in IT. Its a temporary contract for a year which can be extended by the employer. I have around 8 yrs experience and currently working in India. I would like to know if anyone is working in MOH DGIT, the possibility of the contract getting extended, how the work culture is, is it worth to leave my current job for this temporary contractor position, is the salary (OMR 1000) good enough for my experience,  will I be able to provide for family( spouse and 2 school going children).. Moreover I have to pay a huge sum for the placement coordinator also.
Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

HI zenoffer,

You need to think your offer through and through. The salary offered for a single person is good and you can save a substantial sum from that every month. Hope they are providing you with accommodation too.

But your job contract is only for a confirmed period of 1-year. Renewal is not confirmed. |If you are now holding a satisfactory job with a decent income, you should think twice before giving it up for this new offer.

Would it be possible for you to apply for a year's leave to take up this assignment ? If all goes well, you could continue here. Else, go back and rejoin your previous job.

Paying the placement consultant is also very dicey. If any placement consultant is involved in the process, there could be many strings attached to the offer. And it is a recorded fact that most job consultants are out there to make a quick buck.

here all the ministries are into this reckless 'Omanisation' overdrive, which makes jobs for expatriates more and more uncertain, with every passing day. So it would be wiser for you to weigh all your options thoroughly before deciding.

Good luck !