Moving To Malta - 3 Month Rent

Hello All,

My wife & I have decided to move to Malta this Summer
We have found a town house we have bought & are looking for some advice
First off we are looking to rent a 2 bed place for three months while we carry out a refurb on our new home
We are due to move end of July start of August
If anyone has any pointers to finding a 3 month let that would be great
It seems that long let's start from 6 months before you can get a decent rental price
Also looking for advice on merchants for plumbing & electrical supplies.

many thanks

I might be able to get you some help on that but will be back with further details.

Hello roadtripper,

Thank you for your reply
Any help/info is most welcome

Kind Regards
Audio

We too, my wife and I would like to spend 3 months in Malta at the end of 2015 nov/dec/jan with the intention of eventually buying or renting something, and perhaps electing residency there.
Ideally, I would like to propose a flat/house swop with someone who would like to spend 2 or 3 months in my nice modern flat in the Swiss alps - preferably during the period april - november at a time to be mutually agreed.

If there is anyone interested by my offer, please contact me by email - [email protected].

rgds

Can you be a bit more specific with what it is you need, location, bedrooms, e.t.c  There will be more availabilty at that time of the year.  The problem is that you really need to be here to source  your accomodation at least a month in advance before you arrive. Even if its a fly in fly out visit

We had to pay for  a month even though we wasnt  here in the property just to hold it for us and that was back in January to arrive in March. So we gor one month free in February but had to pay as of 1st March even though we knew we couldnt get back for then. No many landlords will do that.

I suggest you might try Airbnb and see if someone might be willing to swap or offer temp accomodation for you.

Thank you for these tips.
I will certainly give Airbnb a try...
I imagine that the peolpe doing summer rents might certainly be open to a reasonable offer on a 3 month rental during the off season - might even run an ad in the Malts times to see what comes up.

thanks again