NEW COMERS TO GHANA

Hi there.

I am Hakeem from Sri Lanka. I currently live in Sri Lanka. I got a job in Ghana as an Accountant. I am planning to move to Ghana by end of this month.

kindly help me about the cost of living in Ghana such as shared accommodation cost, transport cost and food etc. if you can please.

Many thanks in advance

If you look at other posts you will see a lot of information on the cost of living. I presume you are getting a package so it all depends on what you have to pay for by yourself

Thanks

Hello Hakeem

Ghana is expensive. The economy is not stable , prices increases everyday. Country is also going through a major electricity crisis. So make sure yo employer takes care of generator n fuel expenses too.
If you are bachelor 1600 ghc should be good enough for your local expenses. If you are coming with your family 2500 GhC  is required.

I lived in Accra For around 2 years( 2013-2015). I enjoyed my stay there. Very safe and good places to visit.

Regards
Nidhi.

Mrs. Nidhi,

Thanks for your response. I'm planning to move to Ghana alone. What I wanna know is that does GHC 1600 expenses include accommodation and meals or only accommodation? Because I'm still negotiating my salary with my employer.

Best regards
M Mohamed Hakeem

I can't answer for Nidhi but you definitely would not be able to live here for 1600 cedis a month if you have to pay for accommodation and transport. 1600 cedis will cover food and entertainment and not much else

Hello Hakeem...
1600 Ghc is excluding accommodation . Most of the companies provide accommodation as you are coming  alone , you might be put up on sharing basis.  Houses are available on rent from 500 USD per month , well depending on location. 500 USD you will get decent furnished houses in areas like tesano, kanesie, tema  etc. Labone, OSU , airport residential areas are on the higher side of rent.