Seeking Admissions in Indian School

Good Day Friends

We would be moving from Saudi to Oman (Muscat) sometimes next month.  Have two school going kids (boy IV and girl III).  Reading several of these posts helped immensely, my understanding and what is to be expected.

The new term is started and know the admissions might be already full.  But I have no choice and have to move and school admissions are a must.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on what can be done, whom to meet, other available options - as we are really worried now.

Thanks & Regards,
Moazzam

I HV got an offer of 550/ per month with accommodation , water n EB chargers. I'm having a girl child studying in class 2. Will I'm able to get admission in school with Indian base. Can I manage with my wife n child here with this sal. Wat about the jobs available there for my wife. She finished b.tech n having experience of 5 yes as lecturer. But there is a gap of 6 yes in her career. Will she able to get any job there in muscat.

I  want to know abt the schools with Indian base. Or best school in muscat without Arab as one of its lang. Plz help me

Hi nila22,

It is quite obvious from your post that you have not read any of the other discussion threads in the forum.

Suggest you please do so, so that you will already know the answers to your queries - and will get to much more information about what to expect should you shift to Muscat / Oman.

Firstly, for a salary of R.O. 550/- per month, you do not quite make the cut to apply for family status. The minimum cut-off salary slab for that is fixed at R.O. 600/- per month income.

Secondly, expatriate women have been barred from taking up white-collar employment for the last couple of years. There are some exceptions to this rule.

Indian school admissions, particularly for the lower classes is a huge challenge. Details are available in the forum, for you to help yourself.