UK Visa Advice

I am in Nairobi Kenya and I am looking for some guidance and advice on an application for a UK short visit visa their website seems somehow unclear on the requirements....
eg do I need an invitation letter? Any information offered on the same will be highly appreciated!
Regards,
Jane

Hi, Jane
If you will not be staying in a hotel but at the home of your fiance, you need a letter from him stating that. If you will be depending on him to cover costs, he must state that also. If you are covering your own costs, you need to prove you have sufficient funds by enclosing a bank statement. A tourist is expected to have US$100/day.
The most important thing is to show that you will be returning home at the end of your trip. The best way to do that is to include a letter from your employer stating when you are expected back at work. It's also important to refer to your fiance as such - don't describe him as "a friend" - that can be seen as deceptive. 
Regards, Bob

Thank you Bob I appreciate your info really helpful will take the advise into consideration