One month waiting for Management approval!!!!

Hi Everyone

Before one month O got an email with a tentative job offer from sabic which need a Management approval as the HR said. befote two weeks I wrote an Email to the HR asking, he told me is still under management approval.  With today is almost one month, I need to know  if the offer approved or not in order to arrange my things. So is that a negative sign and they don not want to give an official job offer, so what do you thing? I want to book flight ticket to spend a sunmer holiday, but I already freeze everything because of this job. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sudad

that's the normal way down here. you just have to wait, and  send email to them as reminder. go for holiday.

Thanx mannyd

I do not know what this approval process meaning, I have fear that may be they will cancel the offer ????

There is no official offer, the first offer they sent to you that you accepted is the offer, final offer. They will not change it unless you ask/told them different. Approval will pass through different managers from different departments. eg. from HR to finance, to whoever VIP, to government ministries. that's the normal thing here. you know this type of process right? chill out, relax then go for holiday, drink soda, and send us photos.

anyway, my experience was: phone interview was October, OK with offer. Told me to wait two months. nothing happened. sent email, reply from employer under process. Got visa and plane ticket on June. See. that's the normal thing.

Dear mannyd

Thanx again for ur usefull info. Wish u all the best .

Please if other experiences from other forum members in this issue it will be very welcome.

Hello Sudad
hope you are well... I am wondering if you have heard anything regarding this offer..i am just curious. is it still taking too long?

maybe they are stalling here, from my experience; once they sen you an offer and you accept it, that's it.
the next thing to sign the contract with them and start the job

Dear Sam,

I am doing well, thank you. I am still waiting for the approval, I just call a Dr. In the department who did the interview with me,  he mention the delay is because of a big organisation changes, like CEO and others. But he did not gave me any time frame.

Sudad

Dear madry.

Thañk you for reply. Yes i got this offer and accepted but still there is no official offer.

Sudad

Hi Sudad
did they send you an actual offer or was it verbal ? things can take long time especially cuz they have to get approval from all units (even gouv)...did u try calling recruitement / HR ?

Hi Sam

I got an offer with benefit package per email only. I accepted in the same day. The HR said it will go through the management to approve it. Till today i did not get the actual contract to sign it . I called the department , they inform me the approval got difficukties because of a big changed in the management , beginnig with CEO of the company and other positions,  still they do not want to give a final positive or negative feedback, i think it is like on hold status .

Sudad

Hi Sudad,
also don't forget it is ramadan season and so many of the employees work half day and some take vacations...what was the position you applied for..r u relocating from germany?

Hi sam,

My position as senior scientist. The plane was to move with the family to saudi.

Sudad

Hi sudad
We are in the same situation .we are waiting  for  the contract from the university  since a period of time. When my husband called them  three weeks ago they said that is under process in the goverment department.

Hello Sudad / najoud,
just interested to see if there was any replies ? my friend is going through similar case

you're probably not going to see any responses for the next 2 weeks. its Eid.