Delicate question

Hi folks,

As you'll see by my post count I'm new round these parts, so a big hello to all concerned.

I'm moving to Brussels in approx. 1 months time and am keen to enjoy myself as much as possible, so I've been sniffing around the internet for as much info on the scene as I can dig up.

In the course of my sniffings around I stumbled across this website (which goes without saying is great). I'm just a little bit uncertain how best to use it. There's a forum element which I'm comfortable with, but how does the 'network' section work?

Do the people in the Brussels network use this forum, or is it better to message people in the same network, like the more predatory Facebook users are prone to?

Also - and assuming the question isn't heresy - are there any other similar (and reasonably active) sites out there you could recommend?

Cheers for all your help,

Donagh

Hello Donagh,

In answering your question about using the private message or forum as means of communication to others. Well, it would be beneficial to all, if you share insightful information with members, participate actively and respond to queries in the forum. The forum definitely allows better visibility and networking.

Regards,
Sheetul

I haven't really found any other one that I feel is more active or anything, there seem to be a fair handful of them out there, but from my use, this one seems to be one of the most active and well-designed sites of its nature.

I'm not sure about the "network" thing, I haven't really used it myself. It seems like a decent way to seek out people on the site in your area...but I'm not sure that it really shows if they're active or not? Aside of possibly displaying the # of posts, but you never know with that really, unless they joined like a year ago or more and never posted or something. *shrugs*