Process to Moving to Vietnam- have lots of questions

Me and my family are looking to move to Vietnam for a few years but I am finding this process difficult and have lots of questions. Any help would be most greatful.

What are your questions?

Hi
-do we have to get a job before we go or can we find one there? if so how long is the visa I need?
-if my husband works do I have too? what visa would I need then?
-can my kids go to an English/Australian school?
how do I rent a place to live and where is the best place in Ho Chi Minh for my family?
thanks

Jodim81 wrote:

Hi
-do we have to get a job before we go or can we find one there? if so how long is the visa I need?
-if my husband works do I have too? what visa would I need then?
-can my kids go to an English/Australian school?
how do I rent a place to live and where is the best place in Ho Chi Minh for my family?
thanks

1. Is always better to have 1 bird in the hand.
2. No law will enforce anyone to work. if you can survive without working, that's fine!
3. There are international schools around. http://www.aisvietnam.com/
4. You can search on the web to find real estate brokers as in other countries or via some contacts you might have in HCMC. "best place" could be subjective. Very much to your preference what kind of environment you like.

Having said this, it makes me wonder, why are you relocating to a new place, if you know nothing about it? Especially, a place where is very much difference and "under current".

However, there are many helpful people here local or expats in different province will be glad to answer queries.

All the very best in your relocation.  :cool:;)

Hi
First of all, I think you should know how long you will live in a new place
- As I know It's not difficult to find out a job in HCM, just need to concern about the expected salary.
Normally, you will have 3 months Visa to immigrate in Viet Nam, after you can ask Visa service to extend when it expired.
- If your finance gurantees to afford to your living, you can work or not. It's up to you.
- You should as Real Estate, they will help you to find out a best place for your family.

can't find the link sorry

I think if you are an expat D2 and D7 are good places to live.