Urgent Help - Moving to KL

Hi Experts,

I have got an offer of RM 10,000 per month for a job in Kuala Lumpur. I am from India.

I have got a few points to clear before I decide:

1. What would be my in-hand per month in RM (if Gross is 10,000 per month)?
I mean what sort of deductions are there in Malaysia?

2. How much would be the rent for a couple in a decent accomodation (not in the city centre)?

3. How many RMs I can save per month - approximately (after all expenditures for a couple)?

4. How about getting an exit visa? Is it really difficult to achieve? I have heard people getting stranded in Malaysia?

5. Is it feasible to get a good job back in india afterwards?

Most Important - Is it a right decision for a couple (who is having a decent life in India - 65K per month INR) to move from India to Malaysia for 10,000 per month?

Please help me with these queries. I shallbe very thankful to you.

Regards,
Guru

To work out take-home pay take the annual salary and apply the levels shown below and then divide by 12 for month deduction
0-5,000                0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1% = RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  +RM100
20,001-35,000    5%  +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%  (+?)

NOTE - for first 182 days a flat rate of 25% applies but overpayment of tax is refundable if Ts & Cs followed.

There will be a deduction for medical insurance and there may be some new deductions introduced in the future SOSOC in private companies (no announcement made yet).

Rental RM1.3-2k per month

COL will be about about RM2500

To this you need to add transportation - e.g. renting a car @ RM1.300 per month if needed (probably because transportation is not good) and of course entertainment, holidays, etc.

Don't know what you mean by an exit visa. You just get on a plane and leave at any time.

I think it does affect career to work abroad. Sometimes its positive i.e. more senior opportunities in home country, but sometimes there are less employers interested in people who have been out of the local system.

Thank you very much Gravitas!!!!

Your help is much appreciated.

I didn't understand one point - COL would be 2500 including Rent or excluding rent?
No Car actually, I would like to use public transport...How much that would cost per month?

I heard to move out of malaysia, expats need exit visa from their sponsor (Organization they work for)...Isn't that true?

How much will i be able to save please (rough idea)?
and the most important one below:

Is it a right decision for a couple (who is having a decent life in India - 65K per month INR) to move from India to Malaysia for 10,000 per month?
1INR = 17.5 RM

Thanks again.

COL is over and above rental

You will probably need a car because property close to public transport will be up to double those figures shown.

Allow RM200 per person for public transport

Once the contract is up, you can leave the country. There is no such thing as a exit visa. You can resign at any time, cancel work permit and sort out tax then leave. Take a look at contract to find out if there are any penalties

Only you can decide if it is worth it.

Some areas are more expensive, so exact costs depend on where job is based.

Hi Sir,
Good Evening, I'm afraid if you move to KL, you definitely need a vehicle(transportation to travel around). As public transport is not an easy thing in KL. If you're interested in renting a vehicle. I do have some good contacts that i can share. [ Moderated by Priscilla : do not share your contact details here ]. Please to meet you. thanks.