I card against employment pass

I got an employment pass as company director under company registration as labuan companies act 1990 and my visa grant by labuan immigration. Libuan immigration inform me that my i card shall be issued by putro jaya immigration but when i called on putro jaya immigration office they tell me that since your visa issued by labuan immigration so labuan immigration will issued your i card.but labuan immigration confirm that they are un able to issue. In view of that i solicite  suggestion from my honourable expat so that i may get i card easily.

The card hasn't been issued for quite a few years (3-4). Your Company Secretary should be advising you on everything like this.

The I-card had no real purpose as you have to show your work permit for everything anyway. I think its been discontinued quietly.

Sir have you any alternative idea ? In absence of i card i have to carry original passport during my all type of journry which is very risky and un safe for me.pls help me, advise me.

Just take a photocopy of the passport details page and employment pass and keep it with you. The I-card was too easy to forge so stopped.

Thanks for your quick and good reply. Sir if you dont mind, may i favor your email. So far i realise that your comment and advise are good and authenticated and helpful and no doubt you are humble. I want to live and life in malaysia with your good guiedence.may i favour sir?

I am a ex banker having 21 years experience of banking services.what businesd should i started in malaysia which have low risk and good prospect and margin.or if i wanted to minimum income RM30,000 per month what good business may i started and what amount of capital be required.thank you for your time and consideration.

You cant start a business in Malaysia with a Labuan company. The earnings have to be in other currencies than Malaysian Ringgit. Labuan is an OFFSHORE COMPANY.

You are limited to whatever it said in your articles of association when the company was set up.

Sir i already registered another sdn bhd firm in malaysia with a capital of RM400,000 and got licence.

So you must have a Malaysian partner and you have to pay up the capital to start anything. If companies are 100% foreign owned the paid up is RM1 million,

From what you write all your set ups are illegal and not worth the paper they are written on. Fake companies by unscrupulous agents,

What licence did you get?

For sdn bhd company my company secretary office is DSKY management sdn bhd(834224-T) and after getting RM2,500 they supply me all the paper and ssm licence and confirm me that i can start all the business like mini market shop, hyper shop,  restoran, retail and whole business, import business by getting required licence that depend on nature of businees. We the two foreign people are only the director of sdn bhd company and my secretary confirm me that there will not to be required in malaysian director to start and running a business in malaysia.thanks for your guide.

You still need to pay the capital into the balance sheet of the company and its RM1 million. Without that money present in the balance sheet all you have is a company name and nothing else.

The rules for restaurants are RM1 million paid up capital, unique concept, and minimum floor area of 1500 sq ft.

The rules for convenience stores also require RM1 million in capital.

Without the capital being paid up, no business licences can be issued i.e. from the local authority e.g. DBKL. You have to set up the business and apply for the licences which are given by inspection of the property and business that it complies with all the regulations. It takes many months to get that far,

Sir please confirm me that at present status of my sdn bhd company whether i may start a business by rent a shop in malaysyia or not?

You cant start a business until you put the RM1 million into a company's bank account.

Ask DSKY for a copy of the company set-up rules and procedures.

This information is something different from obtaining a company registration and name.

Or read this website for some information

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/

This link explains the different routines for Sdn and Labuan company

http://labuanbusiness.com/comparison-la … nvestment/

And here are examples of the difficulties

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/major-pr … d-company/

I don't have one and Gravitas is right it seems to be dissappearing.

There used to be a gold card that worked then some got a grey Ikad that worked,

But some bozo needed a contract to afford a new Merc so off they went......

I can not understand.if you dont my, can you please favour me your opinion that is whether it is possible to get i card or not? If possible whatcwill be the procedure?pls favour me.thank you for your time and consideration

Is there any expat whose have good idea regarding place or state of malaysia where i can start a business with good prospect of business without facing hard competition. My honourable forum member requested to advice me what type of business i may start without any hastle but good prospect and good return.

I am not aware of the business ideas but definitely on one thing I came here on the 30/03/2015 and bu the mid of April I had my employment visa stamped and was issued an I kad. The I kad i got was issued from Putrajaya all that was required was the photocopy of the first page and the employment pass page. It was issued in perhaps 2 hours.

Foreign Workers get a card (iKad) with a different colour depending on which sector they are working in.

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/925972

Just to explain that the immigration systems for Labuan registered and SDN or equivalent registered companies is completely separate, i.e. for Labuan it is handled on the island and for the mainland it is handled in Putrajaya or regional offices.

An employment pass issued under Labuan is not valid for use in conjunction with the running of a SDN or mainland registered company.

For example, to get a bank account for the SDN or equivalent company the company has to have a minimum paid up capital of RM500k (the lower amount is only for consultancies e.g. accountants and similar professions).

Thans for your good reply. I just want to know that i registered labuan company and got employment pass,ok as per labuan company act i shall operate my business.but my another wanting is that if i wanted to registered   
Sdn bhd company at present, whether it is possible or not? If possible  how i will proceed ?   Soliciting your expert opinion.hesrtfelt thanks for your patience and your underdtsntable writting skill.

Your Labuan company does not permit you to run a shop or restaurant in Malaysia - a Labuan company is an offshore company which allows you to trade e.g. import and export. You are unable to have retail outlets when owning a Labuan company, with the exception of online sales.

I respectfully suggest you read some of the information which you can access from the links provided earlier in this thread. You will then see the issues around owning a sdn company. Please do some research of your own, because even now you are incurring thousands of USD charges for owning your Labuan company.

Thank you for your good suggestion. Can you guide  me that if i want to registered another company that  is sdn bhd company for running business in mainland malaysia, whether it is possible or not?

Having a sdn allows you to own a shop or restaurant exactly how DSKL told you, but you have to have RM1 million paid up capital if 100% foreign owned. The concept must be unique.

Read the links provided above. There are difficulties involved.

If you have Malaysian shareholders, the paid up capital is RM350k. Read the info provided at the links.

Since i already registered sdn bhd company for RM400,000 with a two directorship by 50% share of each and if i appoint one local malaysian with a 10% share and then whether i shall able to running business in malaysia alongwith operation of labuan  company or not?

The Malaysian(s) have to own 51% I believe. Check with your company secretary. Take a look at the website recommended above, to see what problems can occur. Of course the Malaysian owner has control over the money and has a casting vote. The Labuan business is run completely separately. I don't think you would get work permits with the Sdn company.

Click here to read (its important)

Cant copy paste from the website but you MUST read the problems with Sdn companies and concepts. Remember that profits (if any) are also shared with the Malaysian owners according to agreements reached.

Since i got an employment pass as director of labuan company so i dont need to work permit under sdn company, it is mybelieve but not check with expert.another point is that i have relative in malaysia who is my cousin wife and if i appoint her a share holder of minimum 10% she never mind and not to intefere my business.pls comment.

Repeat - a Malaysian citizen has to own 51% and you have to physically put cash RM 400 000 into a bank account. Check out the link to see if there are problems with opening a bank account.

You wont make RM30k per month though with a shop or restaurant. Much much less. You will need some licences. 

IMPORTANT - You will not be able to work in the business - just own and manage it without receiving a salary of any kind.

Each year the RM400 000 has to be returned to the balance sheet of the company.

The Malaysian owner(s) is required to sign cheques so you will have to involve your cousin/s wife. They also have to sign off on all official business of the company at all times.

Just found the problem with the way you suggest. You will not be able to open a bank account if you don't have a work permit in the Sdn. Read the link

You MUST MUST MUST read about the various problems

As you cant open the bank account because you have no work permit in the Sdn, its impossible to run the company.

It sounds as if your cousin's wife would have to open the company in her name and you would operate it in her name and with her signature on everything.

Malaysians can open companies under different routines. She should investigate owning one herself and what is required by way of capital injection.

quamrul ahsan khan wrote:

I can not understand.if you dont my, can you please favour me your opinion that is whether it is possible to get i card or not? If possible whatcwill be the procedure?pls favour me.thank you for your time and consideration

It is a useless piece of plastic. About as useful as a 1 legged horse

Thank you very much

Wow .... Very interesting!

When I had my passport renewed I had had to get a new work permit issued. On this ocassion they took away my i Card. I was told by immigration in KLIA that the icard had a lot of security related issues so they stopped issuing them for a while but would start again. 6 months on they are still not issuing them.

For me the the advantage of showing your icard is that it avoids the hassle of having to get a stamp on your passport when you enter and exit Malaysia otherwise the pages get filled very quickly.

Myfundas - thanks for your information. I understand that tracking is important these days because of terrorism etc. and so the new immigration database is now the central facility and passport swipe is needed for this. No Cards at the moment.