Dependent Visa - Is there a minimum number of days stay in Malaysia

Hi People,

I am residing in Malaysia on Depdendent Visa for 2 years. But I want to travel to my Country for sometime.

Is there any minimum number of days that I have to stay in Malaysia or Maximum time period that I can stay in my Country before returning to Malaysia?

Regards

There are no limits. It just enables you to enter and live in Malaysia as the spouse of a person holding an employment pass. Not sure how income tax would work though.

Thank you Gravitas!

Hi,

Can you please tell me - How long a spouse will have to wait to join his/her partner on a dependent visa to Malaysia?

Is there any waiting period or the spouse can join immediately after his/her partner has entered Malaysia?

Regards,
Guru

Its best to ask the employer to process both the employment pass and dependent pass simultaneously. If you have to do it yourself, then first the EP has to be in place and that takes about 1-2 weeks after arrival depending on how the company handles it. You just arrive on social visit pass. Husband arrives on visa with reference i.e. confirmation that EP will be issued.

Ok, so it takes 1-2 weeks for husband's EP and then he can apply for his spouse which means the waiting period of approximately a month?

You have to be present in Malaysia to get the dependent pass.

Thanks Gravitas, your responses are very helpful.

Yes, I would be in Malaysia. Thats what my question is, say if I get my EP today then how long I will have to wait to call my wife here in Malaysia on a dependent visa?
Also, how long this dependent visa processing takes?

You can arrive together and send in her application immediately yours is back. It also takes 1-2 weeks to complete. Officially you don't have to leave the country if the application is being processed even if the social visit pass (tourist visa) expires during that period.

I would like to add that some companies send another employee or a runner direct to immigration, which means the passes can be processed on the spot (same day) or next day collection. Timing depends on how the application is handled by the company.