Having a baby in Tunisia!

Has anyone had a baby in Tunisia? I'm wondering if there's anything I need to know.  Anything I should bring from America that they don't have there? Thanks!!

Hi there
Simple things of good quality are expensive here, so I advise you to load up with nice cotton clothes of good quality in a variety of sizes.  Especially all in one romper suits - I could never find anything I liked that was in one piece here for less than $$$.  Ask your friends who have babies if there is something in the States they always use as a barrier cream (we use Sudacream in the UK) and bring a big tub.  It is hot and babies need protection to avoid rashes and stuff and the good stuff here is expensive.  Same goes for baby shampoo and lotion if you can fit it in your bag.  Anything you buy in a pharmacy (diapers, pacifiers, bottles, sterilizers etc) are fine here, you get them easily and they are very good quality.  Cots and pushchairs are available but again quite pricey for the reputable brands.
Hope it all goes well - babies are a joy!

That is beyond helpful, thank you!!!!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! You can find loads of baby clothes here both new or used at the second-hand markets. I found it easier to bring things with me. One thing that I couldn't find in Tunisia were pure cotton swaddling sheets/blankets. I also really like using natural shampoo and lotions which are also  expensive here. I love my Dr Bronner baby shampoo! Nappies/wipes/are all available here.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Having a baby is very exciting time. If you have the availability for lotions and shampoos that would be useful. They are very expensive here. Also, car seats and strollers are quite expensive here. If you want to bring your own, and if you can, I would recommend it. I brought my own from the United States and it was worth it.

Also Sun cream for you and the baby,also expensive here.I bring my Tunisian friends both sun cream for babies and special anti mosquito cream also.Congratulations on the baby.

Hi!
Do you plan on giving birth in Tunisia?

If so, did you find any information on good hospitals/ maternity wards? 
The only discussion I could find about it is here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=44372 but they don't mention any specific hospitals.

Usually your obstetrician will have a clinic that he usually works with .   Clinique Hannibal is the newest one in Tunisia