PETS ALLOWED ON BUS ?

Hello everyone!

I would like to travel from HCMC to Phnom Penh but I have two cats and I would like to bring them with me.

Does anyone know a bus company (not too crappy) that allow pets?
And has any of you ever travelled by bus with a pet? How does it go? How do you do concerning the pet's needs (poop, pee, eat, drink) ?

Thank you very much

In my country, when you travel by bus ( called Car travel ) you might bring pets beside you , but make sure they don't make noise and affect anybody around. 2 cats are little, don't worry, you can bring them with a small cage. It's OK ^^. I'm sure ;).

Thank you for your response.

I know some bus companies don't allow you to bring pets (like mine, I usually take Giant Ibis and they dont allow pets).
So that's why I am asking if anyone knows for sure a bus company that allow them.

I want to be sure because I don't want to have any problem at the border. Also I heard that Vietnamese think it is bad luck to travel with cats (or something like that).

From personal experience, some drivers think it's bad luck to transport cats (on buses, taxis, boats etc). Some taxi drivers weren't pleased when they saw my cat carrier but for the money, they took my cat to the vet anyway.
Not really sure what happens with long distance travel.

We've traveled with our dog on these buses (coaches): Nha Trang - SGN, SGN - PP, PP - Sihanoukville, SIhanoukville - SGN.

You need a certificate of health to take a dog to Cambodia. This cost 75,000d in NT. VN buses are okay with having a dog as cargo but you need to arrange it with the bus prior. There isn't a cost. The SGN - PP bus, we were really lucky, the dog (in cage) was allowed on top the bus with us (pretty empty bus). I tipped the PP - Sihanoukville driver $5 or something before we boarded, no problems. But I had to plead very hard with the Sihanoukville - SGN bus driver for a long time before he let us on, and I gave him the price of a half a ticket.

Entering Cam, we stayed on the bus with the dog, a man came on and checked us, but didn't ask for the health certificate. Entering VN, we had to get off bus, take dog thru the building, and we had to show them the certificate. Take your pet out when the bus stops, for a wee and some water. Give them a small meal before the bus. Our dog doesn't mind travelling, she knows she's going somewhere new which she likes.

I'm wondering if dogs are allowed on the city's public transport buses around town?

Edit: The SGN - PP bus was called Ha Phuong, or Long Phuong, I'm not sure. We booked it at Hanh Cafe at 229 Pham Ngu Lao. They were friendly and nice.

Matt Cary Williams wrote:

We've traveled with our dog on these buses (coaches): Nha Trang - SGN, SGN - PP, PP - Sihanoukville, SIhanoukville - SGN.

You need a certificate of health to take a dog to Cambodia. This cost 75,000d in NT. VN buses are okay with having a dog as cargo but you need to arrange it with the bus prior. There isn't a cost. The SGN - PP bus, we were really lucky, the dog (in cage) was allowed on top the bus with us (pretty empty bus). I tipped the PP - Sihanoukville driver $5 or something before we boarded, no problems. But I had to plead very hard with the Sihanoukville - SGN bus driver for a long time before he let us on, and I gave him the price of a half a ticket.

Entering Cam, we stayed on the bus with the dog, a man came on and checked us, but didn't ask for the health certificate. Entering VN, we had to get off bus, take dog thru the building, and we had to show them the certificate. Take your pet out when the bus stops, for a wee and some water. Give them a small meal before the bus. Our dog doesn't mind travelling, she knows she's going somewhere new which she likes.

I'm wondering if dogs are allowed on the city's public transport buses around town?

Edit: The SGN - PP bus was called Ha Phuong, or Long Phuong, I'm not sure. We booked it at Hanh Cafe at 229 Pham Ngu Lao. They were friendly and nice.

I see on the VN Rail website that pets are not allowed on trains, anyone tried this?

"I'm wondering if dogs are allowed on the city's public transport buses around town?"

I have tried to take my dog (small, 10#s, in a carrier) on a bus in HCMC - and the operator said no as soon as I got on.

Thank you very much for your response! It's very helpful! I will go to the address you gave me and ask some questions!

It can be very expensive to ask the vet to take care of your pets while you're away so It would be a great relief to be able to take my cats with me!