Jobs in the Bahamas.

My wife and I visited the Bahamas last year for our anniversary and fell in love with the country. We stayed in Andros but had a blast in Nassau as well. The way of life, the demeanor, the people, the constant sound of ocean and wildlife, it was amazing. I immediately started looking for jobs there, ready to give up a 100k a year job for something slightly less (20k or so less) and a better, more adventurous life for my family. I'm an Air Traffic Controller by trade, but currently work as a Train Dispatcher (same thing but with trains). I have qualifications and am extremely operationally efficient. The problem is, I can't find a job there that would suit my abilities, BCAA wont return any of my emails, and i don't know who else to turn to, where to look or what to do, to be honest I'm losing hope. I would still love to find a job on any of the Bahamian islands with a descent pay scale but lack the knowledge of where to look or where my abilities would be best suited, can someone please help? Thank you all for your kindness.

Nationals first is the order of the day here (as in most countries). You might try researching ads in the Classifieds sections of The Nassau Guardian (Bahamas), The Tribune (Bahamas), The Bahama Journal, The Abaconian and The Freeeport News......all online publications. They should give you an idea of how to advertise your skills for a job and to ascertain what's "trending." Also check Advantage Jobs Bahamas and Hot Bahamas Jobs online. Read Wikipedia's page on the country to better educate yourself on the "person" behind the "face."

Be prepared to adjust your thinking where selling your skills and interests are concerned.

Pay scales tend to be quite a bit less than the North American and European job markets but to date, we have no income taxes. The more developed Family Islands like Abaco, Grand Bahama (Freeport), Bimini, Exuma and Eleuthera are options outside of New Providence (Nassau) for ex-pats with certain expertise.

Good luck in your search.