Studying in Stutggart City - need details from residents there

I would love to study a Degree course in Sports science at University of Stuttgart. i need more details from residents leaving there.

I am resident of Stuttgart (but not leaving there any time soon).
What do you want to know, or how can I help you?

I would like to get an admission to study Degree in Sports Science at university of Stuttgart or any university with in Stuttgart City.

Well, did you contact them about entry requirements and formalities?
You'll have to fulfill those to gain admission.
One of the requirements is, of course, German language skills - otherwise you can't understand lectures. Have you started learning the language yet?

most of the unis want a prove that you learned German. Most of the time it has to be a course you took at Goethe Institution.

I found your info quite helpful...I'm planning to start my bachelor degree program in automotive engineering in the university of stuttgart in 2016. I quite understand there is need for me to be able to speak & understand German, which has really been a major setback for me. I've been making all effort to learn the language with the help of softwares & video tutorials.
What if I could understand the language well enough without attending Goethe institution, won't i stand a chance?

You need a certain level of German (I think B1 at most universities and courses) to gain university admission. Of course you can also take the language exam elsewhere than at Goethe Institute, but outside of Germany others are not easy to find (ask at the German embassy!).
You may want to tale the pre-university Studienkolleg instead, a 6- or 12-month preparatory course in Germany that includes language classes and exams.

Thanks beppi...you have been of great assistance on this site. I don't know about studienkolleg yet. I'd try to get more information on it. I quite appreciate the enlightenment.

what if taking the pre semester course(s) is my option. how do i go about it?  tuition,  visa...... and finally applying for my major course(mechanical engineering )

osoba wrote:

what if taking the pre semester course(s) is my option. how do i go about it?  tuition,  visa...... and finally applying for my major course(mechanical engineering )

Please contact the university of your choice for admission criteria, formalities, etc.