Close

Advice about a job offer in Doha needed :)

Hello everyone! This is Aneta from the Czech Republic. I am about to graduate soon and right now I am considering a job offer from Doha. It´s a private nursery and I got offered a teaching position there. The problem is that I´m not sure if the salary and benefits  I was offered are reasonable. First, the employer offered me 4,000 QR plus he would cover the cost of my accommodation, health insurence and transport to/from work. Then I asked about the accommodation and he told me I´d have to share a room with another woman. This is something I don´t feel comfortable with because although I am very sociable, I need my privacy as well. When I asked him if it was possible to get a private room (of course I don´t mind sharing the kitchen and bathroom) he offered me 6,500 QR but I would have to cover the cost of the accommodation and transportation. So, I´d like to know opinion of those living in Doha. Based on my research it seems like 6,500 QR is a very low ammount for covering everything myself. I am 23 years old, have 3 year of teaching experience in the US, UK, Egypt and the Czech Republic and will soon hold 2 bachelor´s degrees (CZ, UK). Do you think this is a reasonable offer or could I get a better one? I appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot in advance :)

Hello prochaa,

Welcome to Expat.com!

If you want to have a rough idea about how it works in terms of the rental pricing, you may have a look at Housing in Doha ;)

You may also browse through the Cost of living in Doha forum which can guide you through your decisions!

I will suggest you have a read through the Living in Qatar guide where you can find the some handy information.

Thanks & Regards

Mishna

this is not a good offer for sure because renting alone will cost you minimum 4000 and life cost 4000 more so it is better not to come here
SEEK ANOTHER JOB OFFER

BTW I was in Czech Republic before and I really think it is better for you to stay there because your country is simply AMAZING ;)

Cost of living in Qatar is high compare to other GCC countries.

Naah!! not enough to survive in Doha. Its a very expensive city. I suggest you to reject the offer. Its not worth.

Hi Mr wilson.   I have a skype interview with phcc medical staff this week.
i would like to ask please for an important question: i am married and i have 2 children. is there possibility for my familiy later in order to obtain visa and move with me because as i show : woman employed cannot move her family only if the employer establishement is not governemental.
please can you help me

Hi Heger,

Please note that this topic has been inactive for a few years now and that Wilson is no more a member of expat.com.

Feel free to create a new topic if you want further assistance from our members.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com

Expatriate health insurance in Doha

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Doha

Moving to Doha

Find tips from professionals about moving to Doha

Travel insurance in Doha

Enjoy stress-free travel to Doha