Married couple fleeing usa

I'm 26married and I an determined to take my family to a muslim loving community. I need all the support I can get. The perfect story would be to: find a family in need of a nanny or housekeeper, fill their postion as well as be my guide to the country, help me obtain visas or the info, help me become a citizen, help me establish residency, help with food and cooking, help with the language and transitioning.

"Fleeing" the US makes it sound as if you're scared you'll be murdered in your bed by a rampaging mob.
I'm unsure you've used the right word.

However, I wish you good luck and would suggest you put an advert for work in the jobs section on the green banner at the top of the page.
Citizenship for most countries has strict requirements, so you may find that quite difficult.

Just out of curiosity, were you born and raised in the USA? If so be prepared for the shock to set in when you see the other side of the coin and find that you (and your daughters if you have any) don't have ANY of the rights and freedoms that you've grown used to in the USA.

While I can appreciate the fact that the USA is not what you'd call "a Muslim friendly country", I really think you could find many countries that have much better records when the subject is women's rights.

Since you're a new member here, I urge you to take the time to read through the many topics here that point out all of the things that, as a woman, you cannot do in Saudi Arabia.

The following article from ArabianBusiness.com will also be a real eye-opener to you:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi-wo … 20192.html

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

all of a sudden there is an issue with the word "flee"  when its used on the states but when its used to describe all those "running like fugitives" out of KSA there is no issue at all - all hum in silence for approval.

anyway sis, I can help you with the "technical" things of entrance, but I would have to do more research on finding you a family in shaa Allaah

flee from USA to where? if you intend to go to KSA and become citizen here, i don't think it will be easy for you. but to work, easy.

growing up with almost all rights and freedom given to you, you will find it hard to adjust here.

all rights? what advantage does she have there that she doesn't have here? and yes to point out as a Muslim woman -  black woman - The African Americans are to this day fighting for rights, rather, everyday they are subjected to police brutality, murder and violence. The muslims are living their lives with their guard up -- defending  themselves against islamophobia - so remind me again of the free(dom)?

Most people are fooled by the western facade of freedom, especially those that have never lived there. The media has portrayed it as the land of the free, yet we see every day that it is an illusion. - think i'm making this up, look at baltimore, look at detroit, look at new orleans -  and then - keep quiet

Well I said fleeing because I feel its for our safety. I feel like america is not what people assume. I love God and want to go to heaven. I want to be around a God fearing community. Thank you for your reply.

Thank you sis, simply put. If you are not muslim or black or both nobody would understand. The illusions is still going on, but its iblis at the end of the day.

My husband says: in islam we live with restrictions and we are limited for our own benefit. Allah gave us free will, but the best way to use that free will is to submit to Gods will. I would rather have restrictions on earth and have all the freedoms in the seven heavens.

rareshine wrote:

all rights? what advantage does she have there that she doesn't have here?

I certainly hope you're joking with this remark. Certainly you must be clearly aware of all the rights she WILL NOT have in KSA that she has in the USA.

In KSA she won't be permitted to:

Drive a car / travel without permission of her husband / study or work without permission of her husband / go out of the house unaccompanied / be in the company of any male who is not a member of her immediate family (except for certain authorized taxi drivers)

All of the prohibitions above DO NOT EXIST in the United States (and in most other Muslim nations), and you know it. Oh, but that's right you're in the KSA and for you those things are totally natural. But please, for the OP's sake let's be honest about what it's really like there.

Cheers,

muslimIsha wrote:

My husband says: in islam we live with restrictions and we are limited for our own benefit. Allah gave us free will, but the best way to use that free will is to submit to Gods will. I would rather have restrictions on earth and have all the freedoms in the seven heavens.

Well if it were God's laws and God's will then it would be UNIVERSAL in all Islamic nations, which it clearly is not. The overwhelming majority of the rights denied to women in Saudi Arabia are "man's laws" and not ever even addressed in the Quran. Simply put, they are laws that have been enacted in a male controlled society in order to dominate and subordinate women. Hardly any of the prohibitions imposed on women in KSA even exist in other Muslim nations, and those that do are far less severe.

Perhaps you should read the following information from Wikipedia and you'll understand exactly what you and your daughters will be giving up in KSA. While YOU may be prepared to make that choice for yourself, depending on your children's ages you may not have the moral right to make that choice for THEM. That is also God's free will, isn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_ … udi_Arabia

Whilst I fully understand there may be a level of problem in the US, this thread is getting very political.

Politics are not really a welcome subject on here as they tend to cause a lot of strife.
As expat interests go, the political situation in the potential host country (if there is an issue concerning expats) is a valid issue, the political situation in your home country is not.

Saying that, James is probably right, and the OP would probably be a lot better in Indonesia or Malaysia. Both countries offer the Muslim environment the OP is interested in, but have far greater freedoms than many other places.

Possible alternatives?

I presume that your husband is a convert to Islam, and was not born into the faith? Understandable why HE doesn't feel that the USA is a "Muslim friendly country" and wants to flee, with the fundamentalist attitude that he has. They simply would not sit well with most Americans, male or female.

I would almost bet that the idea of choosing Saudi Arabia was also HIS and not yours because there are so many other Muslim and Muslim friendly countries that don't strip women of their basic human rights. Why in the world would you choose KSA if the idea were completely yours? That simply makes no sense at all. For example Indonesia has the largest Muslim population on earth, it's the official religion and they don't deny women their rights.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I think you had better take a giant step back and start looking at your entire situation through your own eyes and not through his. Make your own thoughts known and don't just tag along because you've been told that you're ONLY a woman and must simply obey your man. I see real trouble in your future trying to adapt to life in KSA otherwise. Not because of anything to do with the religion, just the extremist way it is applied in KSA.

Cheers,

I born in Egypt and raised in saudi arabia for almost 15 years, and its not what people really think, not everything going with "sharea" and women barely have any rights. its sounds good when you come for "Omrah" or "hajj", but living here with the idea about the holy country! I ssume that will be a wrong decision. I can give you thousands of examples and millions of stories, its NOT THE GOD'S LAND. its not a holy country.
think again MuslimIsha.

regards,

rareshine wrote:

all rights? what advantage does she have there that she doesn't have here? and yes to point out as a Muslim woman...........- think i'm making this up, look at baltimore, look at detroit, look at new orleans -  and then - keep quiet

all rights, as  defined by  their constitution.

discrimination and bigotry,  are everywhere.

James, all you could come up with is driving scenarios? Lol. Give me a break.

Who told you you can't study without a permission or travel without permission or get in non taxi cars... All your writing is false and I'm doing all of them on a daily basis In KSA. You're falsely informed... And while she may not be able to drive she gains all things Muslim and that is far more important than a wheel between her  hands

Sis... People that are not used to submitting will never understand your desire to come here to KSA. You have nothing to worry about or fear except Allaah subhana.  you cannot drive, that is a fact, but that is just about the only thing I can tell you is a nusance here. Other than that you will have the adhaan in your ear and the halal on your plate and you will go to the store like you go to the store in the states or a coffee shop or the mall and you will do what you do in the states without anyone standing In your way.

Well rareshine, all I can say is that the information we get here is nowhere near as heavily censored as what you get. Driving was also not the only right mentioned. Go back and read exactly what was posted. At any rate the advice was given, and correct. It's now up to the OP to either accept the advice that was given by me and by others who told her that she's going to have a difficult time adapting to life in KSA after a lifetime in the USA where women actually have rights and aren't dominated and controlled completely by men, or reject the advice and find out later how difficult it is going to be.

I don't know exactly how long you spent in the USA, but from the absolute lack of knowledge of women's rights in that country I'd guess that it was a two week vacation at most. In the US women can actually vote and run for public office, they can study and work without requiring the permission of anyone at all. They can walk unaccompanied in the streets and associate with anyone they wish to. They don't need to sit in segregated areas in restaurants, they can actually go into cemeteries to pay their respects to deceased family members, They don't get stopped by police in the streets if they're talking to a man in public, they can travel from city to city or state to state without permission or chaperone etc., etc., etc., etc., the list of things they can do in the USA, Canada and most other nations on earth goes on and on, all of which they can't do in KSA.

Being Muslim.. Saudi Arabia is not place to get more understanding about Islam. To be honest, most of the rules and regulations are all cultures. If I was non Muslim, being here won't open my heart to become one. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be one. But ashamed at the same time with the way these people portraying Islam to the world.

Islam is much misrepresented in the world.
It's commonly seen as a religion of terrorists and extremists who want nothing more than kill innocent people and have four wives to beat up if they don't dress in all black clothes that cover their whole body.
Of course, that's true of some, but it's a tiny minority, not the whole.
I despise the extremists within Islam as I equally despise the racist fools that paint the silly image I described above.
The black kit is great if you live in an area with sunshine that'll burn your skin off and sandstorms to be frightened of, but the clothes are nothing to do with Islam.
I know there are problems in the US, but I believe these are also a smaller group of fools that can't see past propaganda and stupidity - about the same as in the UK.
Muslims are distrusted in those places, but there aren't angry mobs with pitchforks, out to murder Muslims.
Extremism and propaganda are the enemies here, not any given group of people.
If we take off our blinkers, we'll see the vast majority of every group as people with the same concerns to do the best they can for their families, not the daft pictures propaganda paints of groups.
That applies both to Muslims and the people of the US of A.

I don't believe either are evil, just the extremists within those groups.

A message to the OP, You mentioned it's what your husband thinks, but what do you think?
Look out of your window, then listen to what you're being told - do they match up, or are you being lied to?
Last off - if you want to sit with the Almighty Allah, be a good person as well as a good Muslim.
Do charity work for those in need, help the poor and homeless in America.
you'll meet a lot of nice people, and show them all Muslims aren't the evil suicide bombers they've been told about.
Islam will always have a bad name while the idiot end kill, kidnap, murder and destroy, it's your duty as a Muslim to do whatever you can to prove the fools on all sides wrong.

Truer words were never spoken!!! Sadly far too many people have entirely the wrong concept of Islam because of a tiny minority of extremists.

If the average American looked around himself, he'd likely have no touble at all finding no end of home-grown extremists. There are extremist anti-government survivalist groups, extremist fundamentalist sects in the Christian, Catholic and Jewish faiths too. Yet many Americans can't seem to grasp the idea that it's always a very tiny minority. They don't condemn all those religions and all their faithful because of the few bad apples. Yet with Islam it's a totally different story for them for some strange reason.

I truly sympathize with the OP because the USA really is not a Muslim friendly country, hasn't been for decades now. That said, there are many nations that are much more accommodating and where one doesn't have to sacrifice all of their basic human rights just to live somewhere that embraces Islam. As bad as it might be, I'm sure if the OP really looks closely she'll find that SHE and any daughters she may have will be far happier if they even stayed there than they would be in the KSA.

Yes I like both countries.

Only heaven is perfect.

If you assume he's controlling me then that's your thoughts,but as for me I'm muslim I WANT to live in a muslim country I didn't just say one area. I'm not going to entertain you with my life plans. I want good advice, good feedback. I know the devil exist and influences peoples opinion. I expected you and people like you. My own family don't love me or encourage positivity I don't expect you to either. I will be here praying for myself and others. Have fun, bye

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason           : Inappropriate comment + too political

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason           : Inappropriate comment

My own family don't love me or encourage positivity I don't expect you to either. I will be here praying for myself and others. Have fun, bye

You're very wrong on that one.

So many people on this forum have been helped by others, so we want to return the favour by helping new people find out what's the best for them and try to solve their problems.

You can find that help here in the form of help and advice from so many people.
I'm of the opinion our friend from South America is correct, you'll have far more freedom in the US but, if you want a Muslim environment, I hold to my suggestions of Malaysia and Indonesia.
Both have a strong and active Muslim culture, but the vast majority of freedoms you'd expect in any western country.
There's a good life to be had in those places for a Muslim Family

As for sitting with the Almighty Allah, a lovely goal, but one that is after a full, enjoyable and well led life. Serving Allah comes in many forms, my preferred one is to help those in need.

Please - no openly political posts, especially ones attacking a  group or country.
Right or wrong, politics aren't welcome here.

Added - serious accusations about companies, even if they're total mad ideas that no one with a working brain would even think about as anything other than stupidity, aren't welcome here either.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed.

This thread is getting too much political, which is obviously against our criteria. We are therefore closing it straightaway.

Thanks

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed