Where to live in Bucharest?

I am about to move to Bucharest in 2 month time. I have already secured a job with offices close to Calea 13 Septembrie and Strada Izvor.

Could anyone recommend a neighborhood where to live provided that:
- I like public transportation and do not mind to commute in metro, tram or bus
- I do not mind walking too but would like to keep some distance between my job and private life :-)
- daily commuting between 20-40 minutes in the public transport (door to door)
- there should be basic services and shopping opportunities in the area; I don't want to live in a pure residential area where for each grocery shopping you must take bus or car to get anywhere to do so
- to be close to a park or a sport activity area would be excellent

Also recommendation to the real estate agents that are reliable, helpful and speaking English would be appreciated.

You might look at the Tineretului neighbourhood:

-You have a metro station there (probably a couple of stops to your work area, but you'd probably have to change at Unirii) but you'd probably get there without your time frame, door-to-door.
-On the same metro line, you can get to Unirii (old town, Unirii shopping centre), Universitatea (Cismigiu Park), or up to Aviatorilor (the large Herastrau Park), so pretty handy location without being ultra central.
-There are two parks in the area; Carol and Tineretului.
-Plenty of shops in the area (large supermarket at the entrance to Tineretului Park)
-One metro stop to the old town for night's out and stuff.
-Plenty of buses, other surface transport.
-Depending exactly where you work/live, you could probably walk to work when you wanted in about 30 mins.

Can't help with estate agents. Most people here advertise and search through the private ads. Prices seem to be around 300 Euro for a 'two-room' apartment (meaning one-bedroom apartment).

Maykal wrote:

Can't help with estate agents. Most people here advertise and search through the private ads. Prices seem to be around 300 Euro for a 'two-room' apartment (meaning one-bedroom apartment).

Any links to websites with private ads?
So the "two-room flat" is basically hallway, kitchen, lounge and bedroom?

Yeah, here they define the number of rooms as living rooms and bedrooms; the kitchen, bathroom, hall, etc are givens. Essentially a 'garsoniera' is a studio flat (one room, plus kitchen and bathroom), and 'doua camere' means two rooms (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, hall, and maybe a balcony).

Here are some links to classifieds. The links should come up with search results for 'doua camere' in theTineretului neighbourhood.

- olx.ro/imobiliare/apartamente-garsoniere-de-inchiriat/2-camere/bucuresti/q-tineretului/?search%5Bdist%5D=5]OLX

- imobiliare.ro/inchirieri-apartamente/bucuresti/tineretului?nrcamere=2]Imobiliare.ro

- anuntul.ro/cauta/?m=e&q=tineretului&r=13&c=19&extra%5Bsuprafata1%5D=&extra%5Bsuprafata2%5D=&extra%5Bmobilier%5D=&extra%5Butilare%5D=&p1=&p2=&m=e]Anuntul.ro

Hi,
I have an apartment in the north area of Bucharest, close to metro station, park, shopping center, airport.

All the best!

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No free publicity on the forum please.Post an advert in the Flats for rent in Bucharest section of the website.