How do you prevent catching Malaria while living in Cameroon long term

Hi all,

Due to move very soon long term in Cameroon, I am a bit worried about malaria.
I have been to Cameroon several times on holidays and always had some sort of malaria tablets for the period I was in and it never been longer than 3 weeks.
Even while taking all the preventive measures like long sleeve at night, mosquitoes net, repellents, etc... we always end up with a lot of mosquitoes bites all over but never got sick; I guess the malaria tablets prevented it...

My worries are, I know it is not advisable/safe to take malaria tablets long term; so how do you prevent catching it?
As despite using preventive measures you might still get bitten; I know all mosquitoes are not carriers of malaria...

How do you guys already living in Cameroon long term deal with mosquitoes/malaria?
I am planning to bring with me some treatments of malaria tablets just in case.

I would really appreciate if many of you can share your experiences as I am sure many people planning to move long term have the same questions.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Laly
:)

Hello

Im egyptian and moving to Douala, cameroon and I'm worried too about malaria as my immune system is very weak. Hope someone can tell us.

You should just go to a doctor first to prescribe you anti malaria treatement
he's going to decide for how long you 'll have to take it depending of how long you stay

also use mosquito net on the bed and the windows
there are also anti mosquito fragrance diffuser  you put at night
and most importantly don't sleep with open windows
hope that's help