Pakistanis in Jakarta - need help with visa sponsorship!

Hi all! I am new here to the forum. I have been living in Indonesia for 6 months and am based in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan. A Pakistani friend of mine really wants to visit Indonesia.She is currently studying medicine in the US, but requires a  local sponsor to visit the immigration office in Jakarta to get a sponsorship letter before she can apply for the visa. To all the Pakistanis living here, do you know of any individual or company that provides the sponsorship letter for a fee? Or anyone that would be willing to help? Would be very grateful for any information!

You are Pakistani yourself so how did you manage to get a visa allowing you to stay here?

What I mean is that you also must have a sponsor perhaps you ask the same sponsor to assist.

Will be very difficult to find someone who is willing to sponsor your friend not knowing her at all.

Besides the processing is very complicated and time consuming hence for sure very expensive also

Hi happyhour, thanks for your reply. I have Pakistani heritage but have citizenship of another country so I did not need a sponsor to get a tourist visa for Indonesia in the past. I'm not staying here on a visa currently but with a KITAS. I didn't know the procedure was that complicated, I thought it just involves getting a letter from the immigration office? Bear in mind it's just for a tourist visa (I'm sure social/business visa is more complicated). Also, if some companies provide this service my friend is willing to pay (provided the fee is reasonable of course). Again, thanks for the help!

do you know of any individual or company that provides the sponsorship letter for a fee?

Illegal activity is unwelcome on this forum, and that's positively dodgy.

Fred, I do not like your insinuation. I was not implying the sponsorship letter should be in any way fraudulent. There are often companies that provide services to assist people with required documents for a visa. Here is one such link to a company which claims to provide this service:

indonesiaimmigration.com/index.php?tm=products.detail&id=0000000341

If you think the service is illegal, please support your claim with proof such as relevant laws. I was simply wondering if there's anyone with firsthand experience of such matters. I would have thought Pakistanis living in Jakarta might know as they would have experience with friends or relatives wanting to visit them. For what it's worth, I think the Indonesian government's visa policy towards Pakistanis (and 10 other countries citizens) living abroad is completely discriminatory and counterproductive. Good day Sir.

The first part of my post, which is hidden by [link under review], should read: "Fred, I don't like your insinuation. I never suggested that the letter should be in any way fraudulent."

In the past (perhaps even to date) there are indeed companies who just sponsoring visa's but doubt it is (legally) still possible especially with all those new regulations.

It's just matter of fact that it is very complicated to get a visa approved for Pakistani's since different governmental institutions (Immigration, Police, BIN) are involved and only once a week they have special meetings and usually the sponsor will have to be interviewed as well.

Even if approved it can take several weeks until the calling visa can be obtained.

If you are here on a KITAS you may yourself can sponsor

Thanks very much for the info happyhour, appreciated.  :)

Fred, I do not like your insinuation. I was not implying the sponsorship letter should be in any way fraudulent.

Your post was quite clear.
You asked for some to supply a sponsor letter for cash.

You go on to tell us you know a company that will do it.

One has to ask why you're asking for a stranger to do it when you know you can pay a company to take the risks you're asking posters to take.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to that point.

If you read my original post, I said "To all the Pakistanis living here, do you know of any individual or company that provides the sponsorship letter for a fee? Or anyone that would be willing to help?"

Where exactly am I asking someone on here to give me a letter? I was simply asking for some advice. Sure, I added the bit about being willing to help, but that could be help in any way, such as directing me to someone who would know more. Yes, a search on Google came up with a company online claiming to do so but I do not know if they are legit. I was wondering if anyone knew of a reliable company that does so. If it is legal then I don't see what's the problem? Also, I am well aware that even if my friend can pay a company to handle the sponsorship process, it is the immigration office that issues the letter and there is no guarantee that the application will be successful.

Frankly, your tone seems quite hostile.

Wow!  This thread “went south” in a heart beat! 

Allow me to start over with what I think is being discussed.

-chemenger21, who is Pakistani, but here in Indonesia on an non Pakistani passport wants to know if there are any companies who (for a legal fee) could sponsor his friend who is also Pakistani (and presumably without a passport from another country), to visit Indonesia.

-Tom, aka “happyhour” suggests: “If you are here on a KITAS you may yourself can sponsor.”

First off, that's impossible.  A foreigner on KITAS visa is not an eligible sponsor for ANY Indonesian visa…period.  A foreign owned company could, but not a person. 

Next point…visas to Indonesia by Pakistani nationals are a tricky matter as they require in advance approval:

Citizens of Pakistan must obtain an approval from the authorities in Indonesia prior to applying for a visa.
To obtain an approval please follow the following instructions:

1. Contact your sponsor or counterpart in Indonesia – this could be a hotel, travel agent or an individual – to pursue the Authorization (Otorisasi) at the Clearing House of the Department of Foreign Affairs or with Indonesian Immigration.

2. Once the Authorization has been approved, the original will be sent to the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate nearest to you – to apply with VisaHQ it must be sent to the Embassy in Washington DC. A Notification (Pemberitahuan) of the approval is sent to your sponsor in Indonesia. Your sponsor needs to send this document to you to present with your application.

source:  http://indonesia.visahq.com/requirement … ed_States/

So now let's move on to the “nitty gritty” meaning, how does the original poster get his friend over to Indonesia? 

First off…YES there are plenty of visa agency companies which can legally sponsor foreigners for visas.  Yes, they will charge for this service, but no, there is nothing illegal about that sort of activity.  The fact that the OP (original poster) chemenger21 asked about that sort of service is surely reasonable, and for certain does not reflect any kind of illegal intentions whatsoever.  “Nuff said on that. 

Secondly…this friend, a lady studying medicine in the US, has already gone under a HUGE microscope of examination by the NSA and US immigration.  As she has already “passed” that scrutiny, she would surely be approved for entry on a visit visa to Indonesia.

My advice to chemenger21, is for your friend, armed with endless documents from whatever university or hospital she is currently studying at, to visit the nearest Indonesian embassy or consulate closest to where she is in the US, (and there are several in the US), and state her intentions to visit you, and Indonesia.  She may very likely not be asked to provide an Indonesian sponsor…in fact, I'll place a sizable bet on that.

If I loose my sizable bet, (and that sort of thing is very rare), then send me a PM and we'll go on to Plan B.

I sense a romance here, but that's not any of my business...it's just that I am a hopeless romantic, and will always bend over backwards to help foster romance and relationships whenever I can.

I think its about "mates rates" to avoid using a costly agency. But it sounds worth at least trying the direct approach suggested above.

What do you mean "mates rates?" 

Sorry, but I'm truly stumped. 

Moderated by Christine
Reason: offensive comment

The term "mates rates" is a very well-used term which means that you pay lower rates when your friends (mates) help you out. Hence, the thread is aimed at other members from Pakistan.

"To all the Pakistanis living here, do you know of any individual or company that provides the sponsorship letter for a fee?"

Hi Ubudian, thank you so much for your post!!! It really made me smile and very accurately sums up the situation! Except for the romance bit, unfortunately, as I'm happily married :) The lady in question is an old high school friend of mine and strongly expressed a desire to visit Indonesia - and not just Java and Bali but Kalimantan, Sulawesi and Flores as well, which impressed me, as usually people don't seem to know much about the other parts of Indonesia. As I'm the only person she knows in Indonesia she asked for my help. And no, of course I wasn't seeking advice only from Pakistanis, but as I'm new to the forum and don't really know who's who, I thought Pakistanis might have more knowledge in this area. I will definitely suggest your plan to her and really hope it works out! Will let you know if it does...thanks again!!! :)

Hi Gravitas! Yes, I said that but of course I would be happy to take advice from anyone that knows, I just thought Pakistanis might because the visa rules apply to Pakistani citizens :)

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some off topic comments have been removed / moderated.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Suppose both mate rate and any other rate is good for comparison. It seems you are a highly qualified professional person same as your medical student friend. I wish you success in helping her arrange sponsorship for her Kitas.

Thanks, saintjean :)

saintjean wrote:

Suppose both mate rate and any other rate is good for comparison. It seems you are a highly qualified professional person same as your medical student friend. I wish you success in helping her arrange sponsorship for her Kitas.

Just a small correction here, so far we talked about a visa. A KITAS (limited stay permit) is a different thing

Thank you for spotting my mistake Tom (Happyhour). I meant Visa.

saintjean wrote:

Thank you for spotting my mistake Tom (Happyhour). I meant Visa.

No worries jean.....no big issue  :cheers:

[email protected]

Similar, but I'm sure it isn't the same chap.

https://embassy-finder.com/indonesia_in … tan?page=3

The page complains about a man who finds overstay cases, then blackmails them.

Without commenting or the truth or otherwise of the complaint, the moral is -

WATCH OUT WHO YOU USE.

Can you tell me the plan B since Ive already tried th Plan A. In a similar dilemma.TIA!

Could you tell me if anything worked out for your friend, since I'm trying to find one to. Please let me know how did you figure out the sponsor part. TIA!

What is your nationality, where do u stay currently? The purpose of visit. Thanks

Do u know good agency n will not cheat me can help got visa investor for pakistani with normal price, I have boss want to open company with my name

Test123456789 wrote:

Do u know good agency n will not cheat me can help got visa investor for pakistani with normal price, I have boss want to open company with my name

Extremely dangerous as you'll saddle all the losses if the company goes under or the real owner does a runner with the cash.

I strongly suggest you don't do it.

Thanks, He had companies at dubai and Saudi. My husband work with him, and ask where is good agency to make visa do u have any suggestions

No idea about agencies but you'll have to open a PMA company and that pretty much guarantees a visa.
However, you'd have to be insane to put your name on any document as you would be liable for anything that went wrong and that could leave you with extremely serious problems.

Ask this - Why doesn't he open the company in his name?
If there isn't a good answer I would run away very fast.

Coz he though will be cheaper use Indonesian person then under his name, n in some country like Saudi n dubai need person with their nasionality for that

Much easier if an Indonesian owns a company but the named person is responsible for everything, even if you have no control over it.

A very bad idea.