Average salary for 2nd year audit intern/trainee

Hi guys,

Hope you can help!

So my husband has been offered a job in Kuwait. The package is 'ok' - not bad, not great. A big part of our decision would now be based on what I can possible earn once we get there and if that would make it worth it.  We need to make this decision within the next couple of days so time is a real issue...

Can someone - preferably someone within the industry - tell me what the average 2nd year audit trainee/intern earns a month?  I know from experience it can vary vastly from company to company and from person to person, but I need some range to work with in order to assess the best and worst case scenario....

Thank you in advance!

Landi

as an internal auditor, i'll field this one - most big 4s will pay you jack diddily as a trainee/intern - peanuts really, barely enough to cover your expenditure. as an associate i.e. fixed contract, open ended, you can start earning anywhere from 350-750 depending on where you end up; of course you are in the business so you know that with auditing firms you get experience but not salary, and with private companies you get salary but specific experience.

Lol thanx for the info. I was banking on 600 but going to need more to make the move viable so was hopeful...

Appreciate the feedback!

Landi

Hi Landi

Not specific to your question, but nonetheless, having recently moved to Kuwait from SA.... i can tell you things are quite expensive here compared to SA.  Food (groceries, eating out/takeaways), rental and education are all significantly more expensive here!!! 

Ofcourse to counterbalance that, petrol is almost free  :D

true; i've been to saudi twice, the prices there are far lower than kuwait, mostly because saudi produces stuff whereas kuwait just imports.

:) Apologies, I was actually referring to South Africa when i said "SA".  Coincidentally I have lived in Saudi too and yup, i found it much cheaper than Kuwait!

I thought Legacy was just giving more general comparisons  ;)

lol; i should have looked at the flags at the bottom of the post :P

apologies ^^

my advice for you is to find a job in another country.

Lol Thank you