Sale of PT PMA (consulting) in Bali

Hi,

I am getting quotes in to sell my PT PMA (consulting) in Bali. If you are interested or know of people that want to purchase a PT PMA registered in Bali, please let me know.

I know average market prices from the quotes I have so far, so please no sub market offers.

Best

Joris
Bali

jbeerda wrote:

Hi,

I am getting quotes in to sell my PT PMA (consulting) in Bali. If you are interested or know of people that want to purchase a PT PMA registered in Bali, please let me know.

I know average market prices from the quotes I have so far, so please no sub market offers.

Best

Please don't post the same thing various times in different threads. If you are so desperate to sell, would be appreciated to provide more background about the company you wish to sell

Joris
Bali

Hey Happyhour,

I am not desperate to sell, there is enough demand for a PMA (consulting) especially now that the investment requirements are now 100% enforced and people need serious cash to open up a business.

The categories I can choose from are overlapping, hence the double post.

I am looking for a price that covers my initial costs of around 9,000 USD plus an appreciation of the value of a PMA in this very tight market. So, as i said, I am collecting offers,

For the rest not much further info: PMA, in Bali; focus on consulting, all audits and reports up to date; still up and running; managed by agent; can sponsor 6 KITAS

Cheers

Hi Joris,

No hard feelings i hope.

It's that your first post somehow looked that you just want to test how much money you get out of it.

How many local people working for you ?

I have no locals working for me Happyhour.

Then how can you say that you can sponsor 6 KITAS?

That's not possible, without local counterpart no work permit

Sorry I am afraid you are misinformed. Please check with your agent or lawyer.

Anyway, it doesn't look like you are really interested in the company. If you are, just let me know and make an offer.

Something is a bit odd here.  Tom, I think you're getting a sense of that too.

When a foreigner sells a PT or PMA to another foreigner, the new foreign buyer essentially starts all over again.  Sure, some of the business licenses needed by the originating PT or PMA can be transferred, but, the new foreign buyer has to go though all the application and registration processes of the PT/PMA of the original buyer.  The new owner/foreign investor cannot be simply “transferred”, as could be some of the required business licenses.

Unless the existing PT/PMA is holding significant assets, such as long term existing land leases, equipment, inventory, etc. there is no point in buying an existing PT/PMA.

jbeerda wrote:

Sorry I am afraid you are misinformed. Please check with your agent or lawyer.

Anyway, it doesn't look like you are really interested in the company. If you are, just let me know and make an offer.

No need to check with an agent or lawyer, I am to long in this business already.

It's simply not possible to get a work permit granted for a foreigner if there is no local counterpart (transfer of knowledge) even a PMA/PT must follow the rules. If in theory all 6 KITAS/IMTA holders are directors in the company still you will need to have local staff.

Also you need to proof that enough capital is stated in the AKTA as otherwise no chance to get things thru.

Ubudian wrote:

Something is a bit odd here.  Tom, I think you're getting a sense of that too.

When a foreigner sells a PT or PMA to another foreigner, the new foreign buyer essentially starts all over again.  Sure, some of the business licenses needed by the originating PT or PMA can be transferred, but, the new foreign buyer has to go though all the application and registration processes of the PT/PMA of the original buyer.  The new owner/foreign investor cannot be simply “transferred”, as could be some of the required business licenses.

Unless the existing PT/PMA is holding significant assets, such as long term existing land leases, equipment, inventory, etc. there is no point in buying an existing PT/PMA.

That's true Roy, you are better off starting from the scratch and all clean also how come it is managed by agents ?

Don't think there are any assets (consulting)

Well Tom, I don't want to come right out and disparage this poster, jbeerda, but those words, "hati hati" went off in my mind while reading this thread.

And there are those common sense considerations…such as, why would a presumably long standing expat be soliciting the sale of his or her business on an expat forum they just recently joined, and wherein the information provided about that business is so sketchy? 

I've personally been deeply involved in the sale of expat held businesses to another expat over my long years here…and none of them involved forums…or the internet, in any manner aside from email.

Wow, you guys are really suspicious ha ha.

Why should I register on this blog if I never had to use it before? When you want to sell something you go to the boards where people exchange info about these things, like this Expat.com. Then you register, because you have to before you can send a post.

There is nothing sinister about my post nor my intentions. I am just trying to sell the PMA that's all.

And it has become a lot more difficult to get a PMA and especially a PMA for consulting at least in Bali. Ask around if you want. And if you don't want, also fine with me. Good luck with the process (and of course you need to show added value for a KITAS, you always have to, so without University Degree don't do it), I can guarantee you it will take a LOT longer nowadays than before.

I have a KITAS under the company as Director and yes the people who get a KITAS will also be director. And of course you need revenue to back that up and local staff. We all know how easy the latter is to arrange in Indonesia.

Anyway, enough about this. I have a few interested people now and I am sure I will work something out with them and their legal people.

cheers

Hi, I'm a notary, I have a client who is interested to havve PMA consulting company, what kind of consulting?when was it established? Is it 100 percent foreign ownership?

Octalyis

Is ur PT PMA still available or already sold out? how much u will sell?

all bule is suspect
seems to be no trust amongst us

Sounds harsh....but forget it working in Indonesia as a fitness in structure, you will not get a work permit. Also working providing massage will not work.

Only if you have special skills what locals don't have you may get a work permit. Anything else (other visas) will be illegal!!

yes i know Happyhour
i wont be doing massage, but with personal fitness, i will have  old ladies, on outcall work
its not enough for a visa i know,i will be running health programs
and life changing advise, as well as fruit and vegetable drinks
fitness comes with it because its the body as well as the mind

Noted Mick, still I think there are a lot of issues to sort out before.

This is an old thread and all posts from this year are off topic anyway. Perhaps closing it would be a good idea.

Hi everybody,

This thread is indeed an outdated one.
We are therefore closing it.

Thanks all,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed