Renting a Car and Driving in Belize

I will be arriving  in Placencia on June 19th and plan on being there about a week.  Then i want to rent a car and drive up the coast to Corozal.  I have several questions. Is there someplace to rent a car in Placencia?  What is the drive like?  Where should I stop along the way?  Thanks

Jim

There are two rental companies in Placencia:  Car Rental of Placencia and Barefoit Services.  I have rented from Car Rental and was very happy with the experience. Just remember, you don't get late model cars when you rent in Belize.

Thanks Grugar

Hi, I had the similar problem with finding to rent a car, if you have a iPhone you can use very useful app which helps
to rent a car and compare prices from all car rental companies in one place. You can find it here itunes.apple.com/us/app/car-rentals-market-app/id878633650?ls=1&mt=8 Good luck, have a nice trip

Thanks Polo41.

Hi Jim. Just wanted to give you the heads up that renting a car in Belize is very expensive, like $650 US for a week. There are only four highways in Belize and they aren't highways like we know them but you'll be fine. The Hummingbird Highway which connects from the Southern Highway, which is where I live is just beautiful. Just take your time. There is an awesome gallery just outside Belmopan in the Western Highway, which is a great place to stop, pick up some gifts or just ogle the incredible woodworking. I imagine you will find cars for rent near the airport in Placencia, just don't be shocked by the price. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info

Hi, we are renting a car at BZE airport and driving to Placencia. The cost is 500.00 for 10 days .  We reserved on rentalcars.com