Keeping In Touch with Those Living Back in the USA ("home")

As I consider moving out of the country, and I'm just starting to think about Belize, it tears me up to think about being so far away from my little 3 year old grandson. As it is now, I figure I see him about 25 days out of the year, spread throughout the year. Now, we also connect on skype every week or so. Are there good places for wifi? Skype? How do others keep in touch? I have a very limited income so flying back twice a year would be the best I could do. I would love to hear some encouragement. Thank you, in advance.

We keep in touch easily with friends and family via Skype and have very good internet connection at our condo on Ambergris.
I have seen many posts speaking of poor internet service, but we have had great service.  We are able to do part work online and stay in touch, so couldn't ask for more.
Good Luck with your search!
We love San Pedro!

Thank you, Mommy. That sounds weird. :-) I am getting so many mixed messages. Of course, I have to go, stay for awhile and see for myself.

Do you live in a place with danger from off shore winds, such as hurricanes? I keep thinking, just as Belize moved the capital city from Belize City to Belmoran (spelling?) due to hurricane damage, that I need to look inland.

You are nice to take time to answer questions for folks on this blog.

Hi, My name is Dave Long and I plan on leaving Mississippi in the next few days to drive thru Mexico and stay in Belize for awhile. Can anyone tell me of a phone and internet service that has service throughout Mexico, Belize and Central America .   Thank You Dave.

I really recommend the smart dongle at B$30 a month for one gb.   a friend cleared out the old Skype and re-installed the latest version.   every thing transformed. 30 minute calls to the UK and Malaysia with total clarity, and no cost. I also pay a few cents for calls to telephones.   there are few places that the dongle has not worked, mine plugs into the computer.