Best VPN service?

So got HMA VPN and it is rubbish, disconnects in seconds, if does connect it is so slow nothing loads.
What VPNs are decent and actually work here???

We have been using tunnelbear.  I have a basic (free) account which allows 500MB a month, and hubby bought the year's subscription (I think it was US$50) which allows up to 5 (I think) devices to use the same account and is unlimited, you can choose from a few VPN locations - we use UK.

I seem to recall there was a thread about this quite some time back - I'll see if I can find it and post the link.  Tunnelbear was one of the ones recommended back then!

All the best

S

Thanks did see that. I've just got tunnelbear but now my stupid viva 4g wifi speeds are shocking ! Not sure whats going on!!!Grrrr

I use Express VPN.  It is not free, but you do have to pay for things to work well sometimes.  It installs on all devices, mobile and computers and tablets - as many as you want.  I connect to the UK or New York and notice some drop in speed, but that is the trade-off.  I can still stream and download simultaneously---usually.

I have heard HMA works really well for many you just need to have a stable internet. Express VPN/ Tunnel bear are well known alternatives.

I use Private Internet Access (PIA) but speeds aren't great. It's $36 a year for an annual subscription. I used to also use IP Vanish but that was even worse.

If you are going to use a VPN you will take a definite hit in speed. I used to use it for everything. Now, I only use it when I absolutely have to.

If you are only unblocking one or two sites, you can use a plugin like Hola or Zenmate for your browser. These work well, most of the time.

I have Astrill in my router, works very nicely.

I use blacklogic.net.  Speeds are ok but there are options to choose many servers around the world so pick the one which works best for you.  Costs $50 a year.

I use Private Internet Access (PIA). There's a sale going on right now - $60 for two years for new customers.

As Subarbansam said, you'll definitely take a hit with the speed if you use a VPN service. I use it only when needed.

for me it was very hard to find good vpn service and cheap in the same time to open all of the blocked websites and speed up my internet connection, after searching in many websites i got a great one , hope it helps.

bestcheapvpnservice.com/the-best-cheap-vpn-service/

It's not cheap, but ExpressVPN is the fastest service out there right now. When I connect, I can still steam music and movies- I don't see a huge dip in my speed. ^^

But I started with TunnelBear (it's so cute!)

Krishire wrote:

But I started with TunnelBear (it's so cute!)

RAWR ! :)

Especially when I connect on Singapore it shows as water falling from the bear's mouth like "Merlion"  :D

omg- I do miss the bears. I would connect to the US and he'd have a little baseball cap on. xD

I'll suggest you to put your money on ExpressVPN, PureVPN or CyberGhost. All of them provides great security and have the ability to bypass all kind of region restriction with great stay time, and in worst scenarios, you are covered with the internet kill switch feature. If you wish to explore more provider and reviews before you make a purchase, check out this subreddit: [link moderated]

I'm using PureVPN and its working fine here. I'm using is from last year and faced small issues which were resolved by their live chat team. Before that I was using Nord and IPVanish. Also, they have an active deal on their website page.

i used to use Tunnel bear, which was great, until your limit reaches zeron than the speed drops to really bad levels, now im Using Nord which is really quite good, except it doenst work on Netflix anymore  :sosad:

Emma Parker wrote:

I'm using PureVPN and its working fine here. I'm using is from last year and faced small issues which were resolved by their live chat team. Before that I was using Nord and IPVanish. Also, they have an active deal on their website page.

Does anything work on Netflix anymore?   I heard they made it very difficult to be able to access US content from outside using a VPN?

as far as i know, NOTHING , which makes me furuious and saaaaaad :sosad:

XTang wrote:

Does anything work on Netflix anymore?   I heard they made it very difficult to be able to access US content from outside using a VPN?

😭

another vote for Express VPN. Try it with Zattoo!

Tunnel Bear just went downhill in the three years I had it. Blocked everywhere and terrible customer service. Not to mention really irritating bear jokes that get tired very quickly...

I use Surfshark now. It is a quite new provider, but I have no complaints about them so far :) It is really convenient if you watch Netflix or other streaming platforms as it is optimized for fast video content delivery. Also, you can use it for an unlimited number of devices. I used this code couple of weeks ago: surf24 so I got like a 74% discount.

Did you guys set up vpn before you moved out to Bahrain?

I'm looking to move over in a few months. Want to have access to all my usual content, netflixs etc. Wondering if there's a vpn that'll work across all my devices.

Phone, macbook and ps4?

You can set those up before you come as some vpn sites are blocked - not all but depends on the one that you want.

Also, as far as I know, netflix doesn't work with vpns (there may be a few services that are not blocked yet by netflix but you will have to search for those).  And for PS4, the VPN has to be set up via the wifi router or through your macbook via internet connection sharing (set up LAN connection on PS4).  There are no VPN apps stand alone for PS4.

I use key VPN and it never gives me problems. It is green with a key logo.