Identity card

hello i need a little help.got a friend she married a mauritian guy since 5yrs now.she wana to apply for mauritian identity card. pls tell me what the procedure, where to go,where to apply,wat paper she need any fees to apply mauritian identity card much information is helpful thx

jimmykevin wrote:

hello i need a little help.got a friend she married a mauritian guy since 5yrs now.she wana to apply for mauritian identity card. pls tell me what the procedure, where to go,where to apply,wat paper she need any fees to apply mauritian identity card much information is helpful thx

If  she is a naturalized Mauritian , that's how to proceed, if you follow the instructions from this site:

http://mfa.govmu.org/portal/sites/mfami … ts/nic.pdf

If she has not taken Mauritian citizenship because she is NRI and, IIRC ,she is not allowed to have dual citizenship under Indian laws then I am afraid she can't get it.

FWIW: It would be a good idea to call that office on that link since the info may have changed for the new biometric ID card and to enquire about her case

Keytona wrote:

Dear External

are u a mauritian or a canadian? you seem to be confusing people in this forum.

i am a divorcee after 1 year marriage and i have managed to stay in mauritius and continue to work

can you please try to be less confusing about indian laws. you seem to know evrything????

Weird...is this even possible?  :/

thx lotss