Visa for Children born outside KSA

Asalamalykum,
Me and My wife both hold residence Visa(Iqama) for KSA , Our child was born outside KSA , For my child can he travel to KSA without any visa ( along with his mother) or do I have to apply for child visa separately. 

PS :I have heard from some colleagues children can enter directly to KSA  and dont need visa to travel, and once you enter KSA  you can process their Iqama . Is it true  ? If Yes, do we have a limit on the maximum age of the child for which he/she is allowed to enter KSA without Visa ?

If anyone  is having this experience recently,  kindly share

Many thanks.

hi,
i went through this earlier :) for my kid in 2012, you DO need a visa to enter KSA.

you need to apply for a visit visa in the country of birth. they issue a visa for 10-15 days to travel in the child's passport.

documents needed
mothers iqama copy
fathers iqama copy
vaccination certificate (translated)
birth certificate (translated)

once you arrive in saudi, authorities at the airport stamp border number in the kid's passport, with this number you go to jawazat to make iqama after paying 2000 for visa charges.

Good Luck

@fazil,
One of my friend recently told me that he was allowed to bring his new-born from India to KSA without any visa for the new born. His new born got his Iqama after they entered to KSA..

Is it compulsory to get the visa for new born in India ( or any country for that matter) ?

Thanks.

@yousf84: this was the case i followed in 2012, i dont know if it has changed after that . yupp my wife  kids came from India.