Business Cards

Can anyone recommend a good place in Riyadh to have some nice business cards printed off?

Funny you mention that.  Business cards don't seem to be in general use here.  (I printed up my own--they're not bad lol).

I've had a thought to have some printed at Staples when I go home but the minute I do that, my phone # will change or something lol

I use a place called AL RAJA PRINTING PRESS which is located on the North Ring Road (service road) driving towards Exit 5 after taking the right from King Fahd Road, adjacent to one of the MEED outlets. They are reliable, good quality and efficient. The Sri Lankan Embassy Newsletter, which I edit, is also printed by them.

MM, you are just a well connected guy!  :D

Yep.. he's DA MAN! ;)

Music,
Thanks a lot for the info. Do you have a contact number for them? Whats the turn around time like?

Regards,
-Schulz

Make sure you have your details in English on one side and Arabic on the other :P

Al Raja Printing Press
+966-1-453-8811 (Tel),
+966 1 470-1167 (Fax)
Mobile: 050-323-1721

Once you give them the text in English they will do the necessary composing of the name and address in Arabic for the reverse side of the card.

Usually they take a minimum of 3-4 days since you have to approve the proof before they go for the final print run.

They are very nice people.

Hey Music, I went in there today and spoke with them. Ill let you know how the cards turn out, thanks for the help

make sure ya give me the new prints ;)

and I wont mind revising the proof in arabic for you :P

Salman

schulz wrote:

Hey Music, I went in there today and spoke with them. Ill let you know how the cards turn out, thanks for the help

yr welcome
nice to see a smiling new expat in town, again....

Its either a smile or tetanus... :D

Isn't this funny. I'm looking for a place to get my business cards printed, so I google "business cards, riyadh", and the first search result leads me to the good ol' Expat.com! How sweet is that.

Even google knows that this forum is the best place for information out there. Why even search for anywhere else? :D

Thanks, musicman for the info. Been dying to get mine since everyone else seems to have theirs.

good luck, Preoria. yw!

I see everyone here forgot that's part of what we do.

I get no love :(

But on a serious note,
Whomever you decide to go with, don't pay a deposit, that's how they lure you to accepting any piece of crap that they print out. There's a lot that goes into b. cards, make sure you have it just the way you want. Otherwise you won't want to hand them out. When it looks good, you'll be proud of it.

Pricing concerning cards is all dependent. The "specialty" paper costs just as much as the normal paper, so don't get fooled into paying extra for that. What you have to focus on is price per card, and not the total. Always figure out the price per halala

Stay in the region between .40 - .80 (yes that's a big difference, but once again. Matters how much you're printing. If it's 100 cards, .80/per card is fair)

Concerning the Arabic. It's all about the business that you handle. Our cards don't have an Arabic side, and I choose not to have an Arabic side. If you can't understand simple English, then the mentality you have isn't one that we would like to work with. We've tried. But to some other businesses it is essential and we usually end up doing Arabic & English designs.

G'luck.

Hey Beezer, will bear this in mind (your services) for any future requests.  Thanks for the info.  Isn't there somewhere on this site you can put service industry details?

Beezer, use the classifieds to publish all details of your biz so that members may utilize your services effectively. I dont think many folks in here knew that you were in the business cards business?

Beezer - Im going to PM you with my details.  I would like to order some bcards even through I don't work. Its so much easier when you can give a card with details than trying to find paper & pen when the time arrises! And since I meet alot of Saudis, Im going to ask for both english & arabic. 

So glad you are here!  :D:D:D

Preoria should PM Beezer too and will possibly have her business cards delivered to her doorstep?

CAF wrote:

Beezer - Im going to PM you with my details.  I would like to order some bcards even through I don't work. Its so much easier when you can give a card with details than trying to find paper & pen when the time arrises! And since I meet alot of Saudis, Im going to ask for both english & arabic. 

So glad you are here!  :D:D:D

Yes, he is a Graphic Designer - great idea CAF - mind if I follow suit?  Beezer, expect a call or e-mail from me soon! 

the power of this blog

Oh I'm sorry beezer, I had no idea that's what you do!

Thank you for the tips, I'm going to tell my colleagues that I know someone dependable from this field if they ever need a new place to get their cards from.

I am happy with how my cards turned out, the staff at the printing press, and would not hesitate to recommend them.

thats wonderful schulz, i am glad it turned out that way. they have been quite efficient in the past.

Hi guys, just wanted to share a small info on this...

Theres a digital print company near my house who are doing a great job in printing and as far as i have seen, they are the cheapest. the quality is also great. The only drawback is they dont design, we gotta do it ourself... but the quality is good.

300 cards for 90 riyals is wat i heard they r charging... but wen i went they said they charge 35 per 100 cards...so i think it depends on the quantity

They're printing 100 Cards at .35 each, and 300 at .30?!
What kind of machine do they have? That's just intense. I need to find out.

Post up their info please. (tel/location)

If they're doing it for that price, I suggest everyone go there! That's the cheapest I have seen (for 100&900 cards)

Schulz, how many cards you print, and what kind of price?

I prefer Quality over Quantity, so we will have to check the difference...  I prefer to give my business to Beezer (someone I know) rather than the local Joe. :)

its called "first print" or something like that.
location: go straight towards sitteen (Salah ud deen Ayyubi Road) from the Riyadh military hospital round about. Just before sitteen street, u find meeds. this shop is next to it.

and CAF, i have seen their brochure quality, it was great. They publish some nice magazines too. And i kinda is very keen on minute details as well

Sounds good.  Who does your company get their cards from?  Is it this place?

no...lol

they dont design, thats the reason our company doesnt deal with them.

That place is beside our office. I'll make a dummy card tomorrow and see how they turn out and let you all know.

If they're really that cheap and do them in one day, then, damn. I'll get the full dirt tomorrow :)

Shahab, PM me your email addy. I'll send over our company brochure, maybe we can start doing the designs for you guys. ;)

Preoria wrote:

Isn't this funny. I'm looking for a place to get my business cards printed, so I google "business cards, riyadh", and the first search result leads me to the good ol' Expat.com! How sweet is that.

Even google knows that this forum is the best place for information out there. Why even search for anywhere else? :D

Thanks, musicman for the info. Been dying to get mine since everyone else seems to have theirs.

This happens to me most of the time and it cherish me :)

I got the the heavy expensive paper with 4 colors,double sided, arabic one side and English on the other, 500 cards for 350 SAR
It could be done much cheaper, I just went high end.

guys... have seen their quality (the one i suggested) and i didnt like it. Apart from the designers not available there, printing is not that good as well...
but again, i really liked their brochures

I went by today at 3.30, which of course. Prayer time!
Gonna try and go again tomorrow. I'll give you the final word on quality compared to ours :p

I recommend Vista Print,

Follow this link, vistaprint.co.nz

Jack.

Well my vote still goes to Beezer, the design work is brilliant, the service second to none and the cost is still super reasonable.  Besides, I prefer to keep the business within our blog group if we can - support our own and all that!  :)  Beezer, you get my vote :top:  and by the way, when you get back to Riyadh, I need new cards (again) due to my compound move!

For jeddah best quality printing, click here printing press in jeddah
contact no# 0559657867 :up:

Hey, i wonder if anyone needs a 3D Designer ... :rolleyes:

Real Good Boy wrote:

Hey, i wonder if anyone needs a 3D Designer ... :rolleyes:

Sure ... because business cards are always 3-D :rolleyes: