Where can I buy a waterhose in Gzira/Sliema?

Anyone know where I can buy a waterhose in Gzira or Sliema? Tower doesn't seem to have.

Also if anyone possibly knows where I could get some kind of pool for my terrace? I'm tinking rubber, but if there's something more sustainable then that, that would be great :)

Wrongholebutherewego wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy a waterhose in Gzira or Sliema? Tower doesn't seem to have.

Also if anyone possibly knows where I could get some kind of pool for my terrace? I'm tinking rubber, but if there's something more sustainable then that, that would be great :)

Lidl have hoses and watering kits on offer from next Thursday.

Also if you google 'Argos swimming pools' you will see a large selection which will give you an idea of what is available. If you want to buy from Argos, get in touch with Howard Bennett at 'Trotters Independent Traders' (he is on Facebook, his shop is near the airport.) and he will give you a price to order it and bring it over for you.
We looked on Argos and then found a shop in Victoria,Gozo and bought an 8' diameter 'Quick Up' pool for our roof terrace It cost us 110 euros, is 2.5 feet deep and includes a filter pump as well, you can buy a floating Chlorine dispenser and tablets at any pool shop (take it out when you are using the pool)
It is great for just sitting in, in between beers, to cool down! If your terrace is on the roof be aware that every cubic meter of water weighs 1 tonne! our 8' dia. pool is 2 tonnes.

Good Luck

Ray

Thanks, Ray! I will definitely check out Argo's.

As for the water hose, I'm thinking there must be a place closer than lidl to get one, no? If not, I guess I'll just have to go there.

just go on the main road towards Sliema from gzira, there are 2 shops that have water hoses, if i remember correctly before ponsomby station

go to a hardware shop or garden centre,dave,