How is the life style and average monthly expenses for 4 persons 2 kid

HI,

I am getting job offer in penang.
How is he life style and average monthly expenses for 4 persons (2 kids).
How is the school and education?
Thanks,
Selva

Hello Selva,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that I have created a new discussion from your post on the Malaysia forum for better views and interaction.

Kind regards,
Yuveshen

Please update me on same.
I have to decide on my offier.
Thanks,
Selva

Minimum salary would need to be about RM9k e.g. 2 x RM1500 = RM3,000 for schooling, RM1500 food, RM500 utilities, RM200 transportation, Rent RM2000-2500. Tax according to rates - 25% for first 6 months (when considered non-resident) then according to normal stepped rates.

Hi,
Thanks.I have got offer of 9500RM permonth.
In india I am able to save Rs40kPM ie approx 2500RM. Bit in penang I wont be able to save even 2500Rm with salary of 9500RM PM.
How is are the school in penang?
Govt School Vs private one.
I like to put my kids in English school.

Thanks,
Selva

You cant send your children to government schools. Foreigners have to use private or international schools. There are lots to choose from and different kinds and budgets. Do a bit of research on http://livinginpenang.com/list-of-inter … in-penang/ .  The different categories are a) international/private, b) Chinese independent schools.

You don't say, but I assume its on Penang Island?  Penang is a State and has some areas on the peninsular and then the island. Most international/private schools are on the island.

Ok. Whethere Private schools are English schools?
What will be the fees PM?
Did they have pickup & drop from.to home.
Thanks,
Selva

Check out the link above and then websites because fees depend on the age of the kids. There are usually bussing arrangements. All tuition in English but other language classes available.

Thanks Gravitas...

Did you have any idea on pay scale.
I am having 9+ exp in vlsi industry.
Altera has offered me 9500RM with position STAFF Application engineer.
I feel it is very less compared to cost of living in penang.

Kelly Salary Survey 2014-15

COL in Malaysia is about 30% higher than India.