In search of an employment in either education or marketing.

I'm Ray.  I am a teacher and football coach in the suburbs of Seattle.  Back in 2004-2005 and again in 2008, I lived and worked as an American Football Coach & Ski Instructor in both Tirol and Vorarlberg.  I would like to move my family permanently to Austria, somewhere deep in the mountains.  That fresh mountain air & water beckons.

Currently, I am working with the Pinzgau (Piesendorf) Devils in Bezirk Zell am See in search of gainful employment in the field of either education or marketing.  I am open to a career change and hold a Masters Degree in Teaching and speak German on an A2/B1 level (I am a bit rusty; it has been 7 years).  Any leads or assistance will be greatly appreciated & certainly gain you some backstage access to an up-and-coming American Football Team in Austria. :)

Any help with this process would be fantastic; my prior stays were temporary, but I am now looking to settle with my wife and raise our two children in the country & culture with which we best align.

Herr Mag. Raymond Bonnell, M.i.T.

Hello Mag. Raymond Bonnell,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that I have created a new discussion from your post in the Austria forum for better views and interaction.

You might create your CV in the Jobs section- Jobs in Austria so that potential employers can contact you.

Kind regards,
Yuveshen

Danke sehr, Yuveshen.

Posting my CV shortly.  :)

Hi Ray, i`m CarlosRJG.
I was born in germany but grew up in Spain. 9 years ago i decided to move to Austria looking for snow and mountains as well as finishing my studies. The economical crisis in Spain was another reason to move away from there. I was a former american football player (for 2 years - tight end) and for 20 years a snowboarder and snowboard instructor (i hope you don`t mind about that ;-)  ).

To move to Austria for you means that you have to get your titulation recognized as well as a permission to live and maybe to work. A visa may at the beginning be also necessary. I'm afraid that it won't be that easy to find an american football team here to train, but nothing is impossible.

You write that you are in touch with a team in Zell am See. Cool. Close to this place there are three big ski resorts: Zell am See itself, Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang and the Kitzsteinhorn which is a glacier. Good places to work as a ski instructor in Winter. I have been working at Saalbach for 5 years as the boss of the snowboarders at the ski school. It was a lot of fun.

Right by now i don't know how I could help you. If you have any questions, just ask, i'll do my very best to help you.

Anyway, be welcome to Austria...again.