One for the ladies- shopping help!

I miss the make up counters of Debenhams and John Lewis from the UK! I'm really wanting to buy products like
Mac
Bare Escentuals
Bourjois
Benefit etc

I've tried looking online but all I got was the link to Inglot which I will be trying but I want to find these brands as well. Also, Debenhams don't deliver to Malta and buying makeup online even if I did find somewhere that delivered, isn't ideal as you know it's best to try before you buy!

If anyone knows of anywhere in Malta that stocks these brands I'd really appreciate it!

I am male and don't understand these things, but cautiously offer one thought just in case it may be useful.

I wondered whether you were aware of the branch of Debenhams in The Point shopping centre at Tigne Point in Sliema, and whether they might have some of what you want?

Check out the post on the Reflections blog from August 30.  She has listed a couple of great looking websites that ship to Malta.

Good luck.  I anticipate the same issues when we arrive.

Fiona

I buy makeup whenever I'm through duty free :-)

I know how you feel. I'm from Canada and there are certain products that I just can't seem to find over here that I've become somewhat dependent on and do not want to switch brands,Bare Escentuals i.d being one of them. The other issue is finding a website that will actually ship to Malta. I have found a few websites for products such as makeup, hair, face etc that you can have a look at. I was told about these from a few other girls so hope they help you too! I have yet to place an order but will be very soon as one site DOES carry Bare Escentuals :D

feelunique.com  (this is the site that carries Bare Escentuals i.d)
cheapsmells.com
strawberrynet.com

If you are interested in clothing shops too here are a couple just in case that also ship to Malta.

boohoo.com
asos.com
newlook.com

canadianfamily5 wrote:

Check out the post on the Reflections blog from August 30.  She has listed a couple of great looking websites that ship to Malta.

Good luck.  I anticipate the same issues when we arrive.

Fiona

Hey thanks Fiona for mentioning my blog post about this very subject. I didn't see that you had mentioned it until I finished posting the information here for her :D

iamharibo wrote:

I miss the make up counters of Debenhams and John Lewis from the UK! I'm really wanting to buy productst!

I can't help you source what you're looking for here in Malta, I thought Debehams was opening in Sliema soon.... However a friend of mine in the UK is running a very small business of finding the goods you want and posting them to you. She charges by the hour plus your postage. She is very honest and reliable and could help you if you like. Please let me know if you want her contact details.

Best wishes Rita

Hi - this is potentially a nice service. Would your friend also accept deliveries and post them on...for a small fee and actual postage? Some online retailers won't deliver outside the UK but if we had a UK address we could use that would be great! Of course, I'm not sure what would happen if the goods never showed up in Malta after being despatched by your friend - maybe cross that bridge when we come to it. I would be very interested in that kind of service though.

For example carphonewarehouse ship free to the UK, all their phones are unlocked so you can use them here if you put a Malta SIM card in - that would be much cheaper than buying a phone in Malta, even with the cost of postage and a (small) fee for your friend.

Tim

You might be able to buy an unlocked phone on the amazon.fr & probably also on their uk website and they would deliver to Malta, i guess. I once ordered an unlocked nokia from amazon and insert french, italian or maltese chip, depending on where I am.

Yes - sure that may be possible. It was just an example of a UK online retailer that doesn't ship outside the UK (and has very good prices). In fact the last phone I bought was through ebay.co.uk, delivered to Malta at a very good price. But my point was really about online retailers in general, and if someone is willing to provide a simple delivery address/forwarding service that would be great for all kinds of products....thanks for the suggestion though!

Tim

PS - I didn't mean to hijack the thread - so feel free to go back to talking about make-up and I'll bow out!

Tim