Bali; A Love / Hate Affair!

Hi there,

I have been living in Bali for the last year and have been writing a blog about my experiences.  After an extended stint here, here a list of things I think you will love / hate about the island - Bali: A Love / Hate Affair!

Nice article and pics! JW

thanks! I would like to know what other people think on the topic too! anyone else got something to add? Cheers!

I looked at the site good set up, I find it easier to communicate with people and get more information on a site like this or similar.

I toooo want to move to Bali and find a love / hate with certain things in Bali.

its hard to find the correct answer with things like visa's and what is the best one.

Finding property lease or buy and if buy the legal ways to do it.

Traffic is a problem around Kuta but that's life.

I love the people and their attitudes the life style is unbelievable.

That is what life is like if you want to live in Bali but I would love to hear from people wanting to do the same.

hello,

nice pics and videos, Steve!

well, i would like to recommend you about sanur, lol!

always go there when i really need a quiet place and runaway from the hectic jakarta lol!

cheers,

Mitha

I see there are now plans to build a massive fly-over to alleviate traffic congestion - it will be going over Benoa and should lighten some of the traffic around the Simpang Siur roundabout just outside of Kuta....if it ever gets finished! They are saying it will get done in 14 months...we'll see!

Further to my previous post, the whole of Simpang Siur roundabout (the big one just outside Kuta) is having construction work done and it's making the traffic even more intense. Bit crazy at the moment!

Hello,

Hahaha so the traffic even more crazier now??? Grrrrr

yep, crazier than ever! Although the airport junction is a bit better since they made an extra lane, simpang siur is still a big mess! be warned!

Sjbeale,

Are you still in Bali?

I am planning to go for holiday at the end of Aug, may be we could meet up if you are still in the island.

Cheers.

hi there - sorry, I have recently left! I'm back in the UK for the summer so I won't be around - have fun!