Termination of Employment due to wrong doing by employer

I have been engaged in Saudi for the past 2 months where I have a 6 month probation. Prior to recruitment I had relayed all my qualifications to the recruiter of my current employer. I was informed that my qualifications were adequate for the job hence I was engaged for an indefinite contract with a 6 month probation. After I started my job in Saudi my direct senior called me into the office telling me that my qualifications were not adequate for the job as he required an International certificate and not a territorial one.
In order to come and work in Saudi I left a 5 year employment in the North Sea and I feel that my current employer should be responsible for the fact that I will now be without a job. Do you have any advice for me please ?

Its really bad.. you should take advice about company and job description before joining the company, anyways its responsibility of employer.
There is an option of finding another job here in Saudi Arabia you will find it easily with good salary if you are talented.

OK, so  isn't there a way I can hold the employer responsible for my losses...I work for Aramco and was head hunted by their HR office in London ??? I sent them copies of my qualifications prior to being engaged and they said that they were satisfactory ...

Hello Scottish Highlander ,

Sorry to know about your situation. You have a point that you mentioned your qualifications prior to commencement of employment and it is the employer's responsibility to ensure that things were in line. In my experience these this scrutiny only take place when the performance and expertise  of an employee is found below the required standards. I am sure this should not be your case.

Moreover during probation the employer has the right to terminate employment without even assigning a reason.

If you are thinking of filing a suit against the employer for the damages, forget it. It is an expensive and time consuming proposition in countries like UK so forget pursuing this in Saudi Arabia.

You have two options: a) Gently persuade the HR department and convince by providing additional training and experience you may have acquired to compensate in lieu of  the short fall without lowering your dignity. b) Look for alternate job in KSA and elsewhere.

I wish you good luck.

Thank you.