Considering an offer in Jubail, would appreciate your input.

Hello Lovely People!

I just got an offer to work as a Contractor Comissioning Engineer for the Sadara Project in Jubail. It is a 1 year contract.
They are offering what i consider a good salary, tax free. Room and board, and it is with this last things I would love your input. I've been told I would be provided with room in a compound, so far not really sure which one, but I have read about something called Al Jude 2 (from which I haven't really found much info other than the name), I am intreagued as how the life in a compound is regarding the following:

1) Well, the rooms of course.
2) The internet connection. This is a biggy for me, as I spent much of my free time online and would need a more than decent connection. Also, how are the restriction laws in KSA? (streaming, downloading, social media etc)
3) The gym and/or sports facilities. Is there one, how good is it.
4) I am an avid longboarder, do you know of anyone like me or have seen anyone skating? Are there any restrictions?
5) And very important as well, when it comes to the food... if its included in my package... how does it work? a per diam or they have a restaurant?

Also, I've been told it is easy to go to Bahrain or Qatar on the off days, has anyone done this? Any thoughts?

I understand its quite a long post, but i have been reading and could not find any specific answers to my questions. I would really really appreciate any input.

Thanks a lot!

Hello noru and welcome to Expat.com

While waiting for members to enlighten your queries, I suggest you to browse through threads on the forum to gather as much infos :

1. Cost of living in Jubail
2. Everyday Life in Jubail
3. Telecommunications in Jubail

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Al Jude is a fairly new compound on the out skirts on Jubail town A lot of Dow people are situated here and don't think its to bad have not heard any complaints as I work with quite a few as I am on the Sadara project as well. Traveling to Bahrain is not to bad can take quite a long time to get over the causeway  on a Thursday some times 4 hours. Qatar is a real long drive from here and don't know any one who has driven it for the weekend it would be easier to fly. But you must remember to do any traveling you need transport a must here and a multi entry exit visa or you are stuck here for the duration

Here is Al Jude II on Google maps:

Al Jude II Google Maps

And if you have Facebook, here is a photo album for that compound, it should give you an idea about some of the living units and facilities:

Al Jude 2

Is your 1 year contract renewable?