Close

New doctor in Port Moresby here to meet some people

Hi everyone, my name is Corin. I am a doctor and I have just moved to Port Moresby yesterday. I am here for a year doing research at Port Moresby General Hospital. I am interested in meeting new people and would be keen to get involved in any sporting activities especially pickup basketball or scuba diving. Will likely be heading to the Yacht Club this Friday for a drink to try and meet some people, so might see some of you there!

Hello Corin and welcome to Expat.com :)

To help you get more interactions please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Papua New Guinea forum.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Corin,
I'm Brad. I am American doctor and just moved to Port Moresby with my partner last week. She took a job working with an NGO in public health and hopefully I will find work with one of the hospitals, clinics or NGOs in the area. We are also looking to meet some people and do a bit of socializing. We definitely want to make friends with some divers (although we are pretty new to it) and I hope to also get involved in some sports. Anyways, it is nice to meet you and hope to meet you for a drink some time. Cheers.

Hi Corin and Brad

Welcome to Pom. For scuba diving check out POMSAC
http://www.rpyc.com.pg/affiliated-clubs/pomsac/

They are part of the Yacht Club and dive most weekends. You can find them on Facebook also

Hey Corin, welcome to PNG.

Try The Dive Centre , John, he dives every weekend, and some weekdays, ***
Nitrox available.
Technical dive instruction.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 years ago
Reason : Please exchange numbers by private messaging.

Hi, Corin welcome to png the land of unxpected, well am Rodney 26 am a practicle student with a Government Department so if you wana know some hidden stories about png well i can tell you more oh if you need company i can assist interested please call me on *** for a friendly chat.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello BD
I m a new doctor from overseas moving to Png
Can u tell me how much work experienc is required to work in png?? Do we need to get regestration before work
I need urgent help
Regards

Hi Coirn,  welcome to PNG. My wife and I are americans and have been here for 3 years.  We are USA representatives for the Foursquare Church. I have a doctorate  in theology and my wife has a doctorate in psychology. If you want to get together sometime message me back here.

Hi BD HOMELES82

Hi Corin welcome to my country PNG we call it "the land of un expected" you will experience so much.. but I wish to meet you anywhere... here is my email...***

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

am Rodney call me ***

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)