Travelling to another EU country with Hungarian residence from out EU

Hello everyone

So as the title may have explained, is it ok to travel to another to another EU country with Hungarian residence from out EU? From example if i am coming from to Dubai, could i go to Austria or Germany?

Appreciate the help

Thank you very much

Schengen allows 3 months...

Foreign nationals with a valid residence permit issued by a Schengen country may travel freely in the Schengen Area for up to 3 months as long as they hold a valid recognised passport and a valid residency status.

Applies to France but presumably could also apply to Germany or Austria (but not non-Schengen countries).

I do have a Hugarian residence & i did travel inside the EU without problems, just need to know if my residence allow me to travel to Austria so i dont have to go to Hungary first then Austria?

Thank for the reply :)

Muibmuel wrote:

I do have a Hugarian residence & i did travel inside the EU without problems, just need to know if my residence allow me to travel to Austria so i dont have to go to Hungary first then Austria?

Thank for the reply :)

Don't see why you could not do that as you would be entering Schengen and your permit allows travel in the Schengen area.

I know but what i've learned from some traveling, especially with a bad passport i need to be extra careful.

But i am getting same answer from many people so i am guessing its safe.

Thank you fluffy2560

Muibmuel wrote:

.....But i am getting same answer from many people so i am guessing its safe....

If your papers are not in order (bad passport?), they won't let you on the plane, never mind being safe!