Apartment Rentals Near Parque Carolina

Does anyone have a good site where I could see what apartments are available near Parque Carolina? Or are most rentals obtained either by "word of mouth" or by posted signs at the site? I am considering relocating to Quito. I recently visited and have determined that this area would be best for me. However, I did not have enough time to look at properties. Some of the web information is limited and the prices seem to be a bit on the high side. Thanks for your help.

finster wrote:

(In Quito) are most rentals obtained either by "word of mouth" or by posted signs at the site?...Some of the web information is limited and the prices seem to be a bit on the high side.

You're on the right track, Finster .

The more-reasonable rents for the pricey Carolina and Mariscal neighborhoods are not for the apartments with paid listings on the Web.

Stay in a hotel for a start and walk the neighborhoods you like, looking for signs and talking with apartment-house personnel.

Check Últimas Noticias and the Sunday papers for listings.

By bypassing the Internet and negotiating in Spanish, you can save a bundle.

cccmedia in Quito

Great. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sitting at my office desk dreaming (or dreading) of the day that I can finally start the relocation process. This is helpful as I would like to return to Quito sometime around. Sept. (Still waiting for Avianca to issue me a second flight voucher).