Moving business and getting additional work

Hello everyone, we are Tony and Maribel and we are a couple currently living and working Central China, we own a small company and manufacture LSA aircraft and distribute an LSA aircraft engine through out Asia and Maribel is a School teacher.
we are wanting to move our business to Savannahket and we are seeking employment in addition to establishing our manufacturing and sales there.
We would love to hear from anyone who can give us a start and we are hard working and keen to move asap..

many thanks
Tony and Maribel

bushcaddy wrote:

Hello everyone, we are Tony and Maribel and we are a couple currently living and working Central China, we own a small company and manufacture LSA aircraft and distribute an LSA aircraft engine through out Asia and Maribel is a School teacher.
we are wanting to move our business to Savannahket and we are seeking employment in addition to establishing our manufacturing and sales there.
We would love to hear from anyone who can give us a start and we are hard working and keen to move asap..

many thanks
Tony and Maribel

Welcome to the forum,,,

I suggest that you do a Google search for information as to how to go about setting up a business in Laos. It is a time consuming exercise and costly but can be done.  Takes 2 months or more.

Your wife would not have too much trouble getting teaching work . As for yourself it may be more difficult unless there is a specific job available for your skill set whatever that may be.  The expat job market is very small and there are many Chinese and Vietnamese working here at a fraction of the cost of an expat. Despite having long experience in the civil construction industry I have not been able to find work in Laos since 1999.

Savannakhet being a small town may make it difficult to find any work there. I presume you are aware of the visa situation here. Until you get a business visa, ( make sure it is multiple entry) you can only enter on a single entry 30 day tourist visa which can be renewed in country at immigration office in Vientiane for another 30 days. After that you have to leave the country again and re enter.
There may now be an Immigration office in Savannakhet where you can renew your visa as the bridge crosses the Mekong there into Thailand.

Good luck.