Assistance In Malaysia

Hi Friends
I have a Tourist visa to Malaysia, can someone help me with how soon i could get a working permit, so as not to break the law, i would also be great full if some one could help me on arrival with accommodation and job search for  a while,

I Have Higher Diploma In Accountancy from my country and 4 years of administrative experience, but i do not mind getting any factory/contraction job for a while at least with a salary of 1500USD.

Well, I think you will have great difficulty finding a job in accountancy because unless it is very senior and with one of the large interntional companies such as Price Waterhouse, those types of jobs are done by Malaysians and the salaries are too low to qualify for a work permit (c. RM3000-3500 per month)

You would also probably not get any factory work because there is foreign worker labour here from the surrounding countries. The lowest paid jobs go to this group of about 10 nationals. Your nationality is not one of them.

You need a job offer to get an employment pass and the minimum salary must be RM5k per month. Networking is the only way to get work in Malaysia. If you are thinking USD1500 is going to be achieveable you need to do some research because its actually just under the RM5k minimum.  You also need a university degree to qualify for an employment pass.

Africans tend to live outside KL in the suburbs, including Kelana Jaya, Puchong, Subang. If you are looking for accommodation it should probably be in those areas or anywhere around 20km south of KL City. Its also a bit cheaper there. What you can get depends on your daily budget.

Before you come do some research and know how you are going to contact potential employers, otherwise you will waste time and money. There was a guy from Egypt with your profile who tried the same a few months ago and he left empty handed. So dont expect too much.

Thanks for the advice and will think further before making my decision.

Topdogy, I think you need to come for the term of your visa and personally check out everything and see if you truly like being here before you make a decision. I made three trips of three months each before I decided. You need friends to help you go around, need to pressure for interviews for jobs, learn your way around and how things are. The initial trips were extremely expensive for me because I stayed expensive hotels for safety reasons but the investment was worth it in the end.