Visa for Vietnamese to visit Australia for a short time

Can anyone advise me , i am an Aussie man who needs to go back to Perth for ten days for business, i would like to take my Vietnamese girlfriend with me .My sister in Australia will sponsor her, she has her own house , job  , money in the bank , has been to USA before , how hard is it to get visa for her.

I've seen the application form, it's about 14 pages .
They require  details of your financial position , health clearance form your girlfiend and details of her circumstances and "ties" to Vietnam. Having a good job, assets and family help.  A lot would depend on how long you've known her as well.

You have to prove you have the financial capacity to cover ANY misfortune that comes her way in Australia while with you.  If she clears out , you will have some explaining to do. 

So long as you've known her a considerable amount of time and she has good reason to return , a tourist visa is possible.  It's a case by case process.  If your about 70 and she's 30 obviously they'll smell a rat.   It's a good idea to visit neighbouring countries together and return . It shows some pattern of joint travel. 

If she's got into the U.S. ,that's a good step. They are very hard in immigration.  By the way, who took her to the U.S..

Good luck.

hi mate,
It will take about 6 weeks to get visa, have to provide a lot of documents and also provide a stat dec. stating that if she over stays the govt can charge you with finding her and kicking her out but other than that all ok just the hoops you have to jump through

ROGER DEMAMIEL wrote:

hi mate,
It will take about 6 weeks to get visa, have to provide a lot of documents and also provide a stat dec. stating that if she over stays the govt can charge you with finding her and kicking her out but other than that all ok just the hoops you have to jump through

Yogi thinks you could invest in one of those ankle bracelets that home detention convicts wear.  If she clears out they'll round her up pretty quick.  Those Federal Police guys get paid by the hour to find them and they spend most of that time eating donuts.

So..Memo to self... Purchase one electronic ankle device for your girl & a Donut King discount card for the Feds. 

You'll save a bundle.

Seriously, if she's got into the United States that's a positive .  It takes ages to get past their screening and interviews.  I've known people here that have waited several years to get a U.S. Entry vIsa. Is she Viet kiew.?

Thanks Yogi, yeah ankle bracelet not a bad idea, no , she is not viet kiew, we will as you say , just jump through the hoops and see what happens. Thanks mate

Her sister is married to an American , she had to wait 2 months to get visa , i am 58 , she is 56, we have been together a long time , i dont know if that makes a difference? Anyway , thanks for your help.

Hi ,
That's starting to sound good. She's similar in age, has been to the United States, and you've been together for some time.   What they don't like is guys knowing a girl 5 minutes that's about 35 years younger. 

Your obviously in a mature relationship,  and from what I've seen, they have the best success rate here.

The immigration people know what to look for.  Two mature , similar aged people with good backgrounds shouldn't have a problem.

Some times they require a visa bond.  Usually about $5k deposited to a bank account to ensure return.    That's basically all there worried about, making sure they return and don't skip.   My mate here has only known his wife 12mths, they are 58 and 42.  No problems getting a tourist visa to Australia.  They've been there twice in the last year. 

It's the silly old buggers , and bankrupt alcoholics trying to get their child bride onto a plane that have the problems.  And so they should.

Take care.

Thanks mate