Housing in Manila

Where to look for a room or apt or family
Living situation ?o arrive in June

I recently found plenty through airbnb. Much better than hotels. Good luck.

Agree about airbnb being easiest to find home atmosphere. Few suggestions while searching on bnb.  Location/access to public transportation,  air conditioning, mosquitoe protection and even in homes becautiosof bed bugs.  Already stepped into these mistakes even in western but bnb in Philippines.  Other than that you will find good places and very nice families. We come to Philippines.

in cabuyao mamatid city house rent 3000/ pesos good condition aircon but...................... on birthday high sound music, boundry wall secourity near metro minila 30 minits drive, if like?

Hello Franc182,

Welcome to Expat.com,

You may as well browse the Housing in Manila section to find something that cater your need. Alternately you can drop an ad with your specifications :)

You can also subscribe to that section and you'll receive alert for any new postings :D

Good luck with the house hunting  :top:

Cheers

Mishna

the famous durban inn is quite cheaper it is located in makati

witty.monkey wrote:

the famous durban inn is quite cheaper it is located in makati

The Durban inn rooms were tiny.  I stayed one night, then moved across the road to the Sunette Tower. Much more space, although older.

Durban Inn.  1,700 to 2,400php / ~16 sqm. Single bed, up to double occupancy

Sunette Tower. 38 sq.m with kitchen.  I ended up staying a couple of months and paid 30,000php per month in 2014.  I think they mentioned about 2,500 per night, so similar nightly price but more than twice as big.

30 minutes drive from Mamatid to Manila!!!! 10 years ago you could be in Alabang in 30 mins now it takes 30 minutes just to get to the tollgate if its off peak
Very soon it will take 30 mins from Matid to the National road then 30 mins to tollgate
This is what happens when you allow developers to build thousands of houses in subdivisions on rice fields, without any consideration for environmental impact,no upgrade of infrastructure at a time when every tom,dick and harry changes their scooter for a cheap toyota wego on a 5 year finance deal to drive to the new jolibee in the new mall whilst the population hits 100 million

puti wrote:

30 minutes drive from Mamatid to Manila!!!! 10 years ago you could be in Alabang in 30 mins now it takes 30 minutes just to get to the tollgate if its off peak
Very soon it will take 30 mins from Matid to the National road then 30 mins to tollgate
This is what happens when you allow developers to build thousands of houses in subdivisions on rice fields, without any consideration for environmental impact,no upgrade of infrastructure at a time when every tom,dick and harry changes their scooter for a cheap toyota wego on a 5 year finance deal to drive to the new jolibee in the new mall whilst the population hits 100 million

I agree.  From Mamatid to Manila is about 45km.  Even a taxi doing a 3km trip Mall of Asia to the Airport can easily take 20 minutes and up to 40 mins depending on traffic.   Add another 20 minutes if going to/from Makati. So a 45km+ trip ???

You can find many choices for apartment in the Housing Section.
Parañaque city is one of the top choices for foreigner, because its near the airport and very accessible to embassy's. I know a developer that offers a townhouse unit that foreigners can buy, they have ready for Occupancy unit where you can move in immediately.

seanatienza wrote:

I know a developer that offers a townhouse unit that foreigners can buy, they have ready for Occupancy unit where you can move in immediately.

Foreigners are not allowed to buy houses, they can only buy condos, and even then, only where 60% of the building is owned by Filipinos.

They can, if the property in this case the townhouse unit is under the condominium certificate title. :)

seanatienza wrote:

They can, if the property in this case the townhouse unit is under the condominium certificate title. :)

That is something that is not heard of much, as a townhouse is not a condo, so, very confusing.

How does it work?

Its new indeed, but yes it does exist.
So Basically Instead of a vertical structure its in a form of a townhouse that vary from 2-3 floors per unit.
Just like in  a condominium, homeowners have shared amenities, secured gates the main advantage they offer is that your car is parked right outside your door and you have open spaces :) if your interested and your currently in the Philippines to know more Ill be happy to tour you in the development. :)

seanatienza wrote:

Its new indeed, but yes it does exist.
So Basically Instead of a vertical structure its in a form of a townhouse that vary from 2-3 floors per unit.
Just like in  a condominium, homeowners have shared amenities, secured gates the main advantage they offer is that your car is parked right outside your door and you have open spaces :) if your interested and your currently in the Philippines to know more Ill be happy to tour you in the development. :)

I am in the Philippines, but before I look at anything I want to check out the full legalities first. I hope you understand.

Something different in legal terms needs to be double checked before too much consideration is given.  There are numerous cases of foreigners buying property only to find they don't actually have legal title, when something happens years later.

Do you have specimen draft contracts that can be looked at?

Yes of course I understand. Ill be skeptic as well if I'm in a foreign country. May I have your email address? mine is *************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email adresses on a public forum for your own security

Why buy when you can rent? You will never have title unless under HLURB the property is classed as a condominium(some town houses are like Brent International Village)
Even if you pay for a property which a spouse will have title,you will under the law be asked to sign an affidavit of paraphernal/seperate property stating that funds used to buy the property did not form a part of your assets or joint assets
In short you will have no redress if your plans do not work out
Tread carefully when dealing with agents or developers
Take legal advice
Be prepared to loose your investment at worst