MOFA Saudi Arabia not attesting my offer letter in Jeddah Office

Hello Everyone,

Am from India and have recently got a job offer in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I have been told that my offer has been attested by the Chamber of Commerce (COC) but the Ministry of Foriegn Affairs (MOFA) has not attested yet and they told that attestation of MOFA is not required on the offer letter and when requested, they are not ready to give it in writing. However the Indian consultant who is coordinating my application has confirmed that both COC and MOFA needs to attest the offer letter to further process my degree attestation with Saudi Cultural Attaché in India. Please advise if the rules have changed in 2015 that offer letter need not be attested by MOFA or is it still the same. While my employer and the consultant are both coordinating to solve the issue, its been almost a month now that MOFA has not attested and the confusion is not sorted yet. Just needed some insight on this issue.

Warm Regards,

Julien Vinoth

Wats the reason of rejection from MOFA

http://embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/indi … ation.aspx

Here are the details required for attestation and its procedure. hope it helps..

Its not rejection. MOFA told my employer that MOFA attestation is not required.

JulienVinoth wrote:

Its not rejection. MOFA told my employer that MOFA attestation is not required.

Rule cant be changed only because an employee in MOFA was not feeling like stamping the degree. If rule is changed there must be supporting doc/letter/law stating the new rule or else your employer must go back to MOFA again and get it attested.

Hi thanks for your reply. And its offer attestation and not degree attestation from MOFA in Jeddah.

Thanks a lot for the link. it was very useful. It clearly states that MOFA has to attest my offer / contract document.