Moving to the DR

We thought so too.

Bob K

Well THAT had better change before I live there permanently!  One of the reasons we chose DR is that fact that they grow coffee and coco (rich culture and friendly people, hills and ocean views, tropical flora and fauna, agriculture, self sustainability being other things on the list)!  I love the coffee...and we weren't impressed when in Portland and Seattle...swanky coffee shops...with the same crap Starbuck's peddles...AND I want a steady local supply of chocolate!    :)

Hahahaha   well there is both coffee and chocolate here.  Coffee is fabulous and inexpensive compared to starbucks and the chocolate - bloody expensive for the good stuff!  But some things are worth it....

I really don't get why they don't make chocolate here and just export it. It's easily doable and at lower labor rates. I can imagine a complete outsourcing industry for making chocolate here.

Funny some of the best chocolate I have had was in Switzerland two years. ago. It was made in The DR for export only.  So we bought a half a dozen bars and brought them "back home"

Bob K

What I have had made here falls into  2 categories -  Excellent or horrible....   I  buy lots of the excellent when I can.... :D