South African wanting to live and work in Spain!

I am a South African who has taught English in South Korea for two years. After almost a year and a half back home I am desperate to travel again and teach. I wanted to get some advice or recommendations from any other South Africans who have managed to get teaching jobs in Spain? Who can I contact in Cape Town and how can I start making some solid plans? Thanks everyone  :)

Hello Anniegolightly and welcome to the forum of Expat.com

While waiting for members to enlighten you, I suggest you take contact with professionals registered in our business directory to increase your chances to find an employment : Jobs in Spain

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks so much Kenjee! :)

Hi,
I am in the same boat as you and I have researched this option for months and in detail and sadly our passports restricts us so much!! The only way I have found around this is so contact ttmadrid.com.  I am now probably going this route, you have to pay 2000 Euro to join their non EU programme.  They then asssit you to enrol into a Spanish Language and immersion course in Madrid and give you the necessary forms to get a Student Visa valid for one year for Spain.  This student visa allows you to work part time legally and you are free to move around schengen countries for a year BUT you cannot pre arrange a job, you have to go there yourself and go for interviews.  My worry, before I go for this, will schools employ a South African on a student/part time working visa or will employers simply rather employ a EU passport holder, and I think it is possible but I think we will struggle a lot more .... only other option is marry a Spaniard 😊

Good day. I am a south african looking to move to Spain and work in Spain. My Fiance is Spanish from Malaga and I want to move there with here. I work on cruise liner Seabourn and she not. We are in a long distant relationship at the moment but wanna move there to be with her. What are the procedures and requirements for moving and working in Spain. What are the costs, how long does the whole process take and what are my chances of getting approved.Would i have to give up passport (If so am ok with that) I currently have a C1D visa for the states, a UK visitor visa and in the past 2 years have had a Croatian visa, Schengen visa. I am sure that this would make my application stronger and I have abided by the rules of each country and terms of the visas.
Really hope someone can pass on valuable information as this is something I need to do and want to do.

What is the criteria for a south african marrying a Spanish national. What documents do we need to provide and/obtain, how long does the process take before we could legally wed.

Hello Yola,

I am a South African and very interest to come and live in Spain, did the ttmadrid programme helped you, can you please offer me advice.
1 what to prepare
2. how much does the process cost and how much money must you have when you land in spain
3 and what are the age group restriction for jobs
please any important information my email address is***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome to the forum Jenny

This is an old(2015) inactive thread. I suggest you  write a new thread on the subject. It is unsafe to post any contact details here on the open forum. Please use the message system to exchange contact details.
Also read through other posts here on the forum for information and take the time to check the Spain Guide which can be accessed through "Discover" at the top of this page.

If you have a degree it's not s problem to find a teaching job. Look for language schools and institutions and send off your CV.  If you get called for interview, this is a start. If they want you , then they will fix the NIF number for you to be registered.  That way you'll be free of worries as you will have medical insurance cover too. Good luck!