Need Advice Urgently - Please help me

Hi All,

I am planing to relocate from myanmar to Kuwait. I am an Electrical Design Engineer with 7 years of experience in Electrical Switchgear Industry. I got job offer from IEPC Kuwait.They offered me 1000 KD inclusive of all. is it sufficient for a family of 3 (me, wife and 10 months kid) ?

Presently I am offered 2500 USD + Family accomodation + Car allowance + air ticket for family once a year + Medical insurance.

I already negotiated for the offer, but they not consider. In this situation I hve some questions in my mind, I am very confused too to make a decision. So guys please help me to answer the below questions,

1. Is it worth to move to kuwait in this salary compare to the present one.
2. I heard kuwait is not safe place to live, is it true ? Is there any issues are there ?
3. What is the cost of 1bhk furnished modern appartment in indian places, preferably safest place.
4. Any one know about the IEPC company ? Is it reputed one. Please do advice.
5. How about the taxi fares or rental for 1 month.

Guys hope you help me in this case, please do advice to decide whether I hve to relocate or continue in the present job.

BR

G.Balaji

Hello G.Balaji

So as to be able to compare your salary to the living expense of Kuwait and others salary, I invite you to check out threads in our Cost of Living in Kuwait section of the forum

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi G. Balaji!

The Industrial Electrical Projects Co. was established in the year 2005 and has since successfully operated in the State of Kuwait and has acquired a number of Type Test Certifications from KEMA HIGH POWER LABORATORY from Netherlands according to its website. It appears to be a fairly reputed Co.

But compared to your present offer this offer is a bit on the lower side. 1000 KD equals roughly $ 3300. So if you consider the remaining $ 800 as the balance, it roughly comes to about 235 KD. That can hardly cover your accomodation, travelling, groceries and other stuff. In some parts here that is the monthly rent for a 1BHK Apartment unfurnished. You will probably require another similar amount for the rest of your monthly expenses considering that your child is still small and there is still time for him to go to School. Unless your wife also works and supplements your income, I believe your savings will be less here compared to Myanmar. Also the inflation here is much more than there I believe.

And I think you will be having your Medical Insurance but not for your Family, and same for the yearly Airfare. So the decesion is yours. If you do decide to come, get in touch with me for your accomodation needs.

Cheers for now!!

Thank you so much for your valuable advice and more info. about company.

I am negotiating now, but they accept air fare for initial vist to kuwait only, still they not reply for Air fare once a year.

Lets see what they will reply. You are right, i also think the same savings might not more than what i am saving here.

Two things i am considering to move to kuwait, but still not finalized.

1. Culture and Developing city compare to Myanmar
2. Good Position

Could you give me the rough idea about Accomodation and Car Rental ?

How much rental 1bhk Furnished decent appartment (the company is in Dasman) preferably near by but safest area ?

Car rental how much per month ?

If i accept this offer, if there is a chance to come to kuwait, definitely i will contact you.

Hello again G. Balaji!

As I wrote in my earlier post, the rent for a 1 BHK Apartment unfurnished in most areas here ranges from 180 - 230 KD/Month. The Co. will surely provide you accommodation initially while they process your medical and Civil Id and later you can rent an Apartment of your own once your Residence is stamped and you get the Civil Id. I will advise you to get an unfurnished Apartment and then furnish it according to your liking and your family's when you bring them here later on. That way you can have the flexibility to egt what suits your & your family's needs rather than having a fully furnished Apartment in which many or some of the things you may have no use for. Also if you do decide to come, plan for a stay of at least 5 years so that you can make good use of the position you will get to have better terms in the future with your Co. as well as to explore and get to know Kuwait & its culture as good as you can.

The rent for Car also again varies from model to model and brand to brand. I would advise that you initially rent a medium sized car for your own travel & conveyance and by the time you are ready to bring your family here, buy a Car or Jeep either on cash or on instalments as per your convenience. Car rental varies from 90 - 150 KD/Month depending upon the model and brand and instalments are also more or less similar.

Insist on Co. provided and paid for Hotel accommodation until they fix your Residence and Civil Id (typically 2 months maximum), and also yearly Airfare and bonuses as per Co. policy. Happy Bargaining!!

duplicate thread ->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462497

I close this one

Closed